Software Engineering Manager
Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Yext is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help us continue building out our product and services! Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
- Lead full life-cycle software development
- Drive the development process through design, implementation, and deployment
- Work closely with the executive team to develop a software roadmap for future features and improvements
- Mentor team members, encouraging career and personal growth
- Ensure your team meets deadlines and launch dates through an effective sprint planning process and daily standups
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant, industry development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of 5-10 engineers
- Strong foundation in software architecture and design
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we use mostly Java)
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top