Software Engineering 2018 Summer Intern
Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
The Yext Tysons Corner office is located in the Silverline Center at 7900 Westpark Avenue. The office has software engineers on both our Consulting and Technology teams, as described below. Our first round interview is a general interview in consideration for a role on either team. Final rounds are team specific interviews. If you join either team, you will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
Software Engineer - Consulting
The Consulting team works with Yext’s largest clients to deliver highly customized and integrated products! Our team includes Project Management, Creative, and Software Engineering resources that work together to deliver end-to-end solutions. We take pride in our ability to tackle a wide breadth and depth of challenges and keep pace with the ever-changing needs of our clients. We are looking for Software Engineers to help us build custom web and backend solutions for our enterprise clients. Our team features a Scrum development process with one-week sprints, peer code reviews and individual ownership of projects from kickoff to delivery.
- Advise engineering & business stakeholders on best practices, compatibility issues and tradeoffs
- Augment development tooling to improve software quality, iteration speed, and maintainability using modern technologies like ES6, Webpack, SASS, and more
- Bridge the gap between engineering and product, working equally well with Designers and Project Management
- Write clean, tested, and well-structured code
- Work directly with clients to find solutions to their needs, articulate how Yext's products help their business, and the steps to integrate their systems with Yext's
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related technical field, graduating between
December 2018 and August 2019
- Ability to easily move between backend and frontend technologies
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth environment
- Familiarity with node.js, Go and Java
- Contribution to open source projects
Software Engineer - Technology
The Yext Engineering team drives the technology behind our revolutionary product offering! We’re looking for Software Engineers to help us continue building out our product and services. Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress.
- Participate in full life-cycle software development
- Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems
- Build storage systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related technical field, graduating between December 2018 and August 2019
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we use mostly Java)
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high-growth environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, unlimited snacks, and a daily meal allowance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Tysons Corner, VA. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Yext's Employees
VP, Partner Channels
Tim is responsible for the resale of Yext technologies, working with company partners from large corporations to small businesses to offer guidance and training on programs and sales techniques.
Back to top