Senior User Experience Designer
Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to join a small but growing creative team tasked with providing the best experience for our customers. As part of the product strategy group, you will partner with product managers, tech leads, marketers and business analysts to solve complex problems by crafting thoughtful, useful and usable user experiences for our software platform.
IMPORTANT: All candidates must include a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
- Synthesize high-level business requirements into usable and elegant design solutions
- Create detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications quickly
- Design and conduct small and medium scale usability tests and other UX research activities
- Work autonomously with product managers to define and prioritize features needed to create great user experiences
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure the delivered product matches your design vision
- Understand detailed user workflows and map out information architecture diagrams
- Contribute to user experience best practices and act as an experience evangelist to the company
- Stay up-to-date with and display knowledge of market trends and best practices
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in interaction design / user experience design (enterprise or SaaS software preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in designing a product from concept to delivery including wireframes, mid-fidelity deliverables, and interactive prototypes
- Knowledge of UX research and evaluation techniques
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- High level of empathy; ability of to relate to users from various perspectives
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Bonus points for these additional skills
- Interest in and experience with complex data visualization
- Personality for engaging directly with customers in product definition phases
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Yext's Employees
VP, Partner Channels
Tim is responsible for the resale of Yext technologies, working with company partners from large corporations to small businesses to offer guidance and training on programs and sales techniques.
Back to top