Senior Manager, Sales Development
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is looking for a talented and dynamic Senior Manager, Sales Development to join our expanding sales team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage and direct a team that has an impact on the growth of our business through top of the funnel activities that contribute to the lifeblood of our organization’s revenue.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help design, build, and scale a world-class Business Development Team in EMEA for one of the world’s fastest growing and most disruptive companies. You will need to leverage your experience, skills, and creativity to help us continue our incredible growth. You will build and measure the success of a high-energy team of SDRs (Inbound) and BDRs (Outbound) in collaboration with management, marketing and marketing team members to plan and execute our goals, strategy and tactics to grow the Yext brand.
This role will sit in the London office and report into our Headquarters in New York.
A Day in the Life
- Recruit and interview top candidates to join the SDR / BDR organization
- On-call coaching with SDR / BDR’s to better their prospecting, outreach, and discovery efforts
- Collaborate with Account Executive Leadership to optimize cross functional efforts
- Work closely with marketing to capitalize on “warm engagement” from demand generation and field marketing initiatives
- Progress BDRs through their sales career by helping them acquire skills necessary for their next play
- Lead group trainings and team meetings with new hires and current team
- Hold BDR team accountable to achieve and exceed their monthly targets
- Hold SDR team accountable to ensure marketing leads are touched within a world class SLA time
- Motivate BDRs to exceed goals through coaching, incentives and development programs
- Maintain key performance metrics and dashboards to help the BDRs focus on maximizing performance
- Collaborate with marketing and Revenue leadership on best practices and initiatives to source new pipeline in greenfield accounts
- Nurture professional development of BDRs
- Drive improvements in core sales funnel KPIs, with a focus on driving business goals for each of our business units, by optimizing our processes, toolset, messaging, etc.
- Collaborate closely with our demand generation team to devise smart, high-performing nurture flows that communicate our unique brand and inspire action
- Lead cross functional collaboration with Demand Generation, Field Marketing, and all teams in the Revenue organization to ensure seamless customer experience and a unified sales approach.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting is in place across different CRM applications.
- Identify, design, and implement new processes designed to optimize business performance at a high-growth company.
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experince
- Ideal candidate will have a high desire to build a career in Sales Leadership
- 3+ years in the BDR / SDR function or relevant work experience
- Demonstration of leadership in a prior role
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including high-level communications with internal and external contacts
- Exceptional ability to organize work and tasks; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new things and continuous improvement
- Leadership skills and the ability to inspire
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, pension with match, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top