Senior Manager, Billing Operations & Collections
- San Francisco, CA
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is searching for a Senior Manager for the Billing Operations & Collections Team. The Billing Operations & Collections Team is responsible for managing, maintaining, and monitoring our billing systems and processes as well as the Company’s collection efforts. Billing responsibilities include daily invoice processing and working with account managers and customers to resolve any billing questions. Billing Operations responsibilities include ensuring each client is properly configured for billing and fulfillment, performing complex billing configurations where required, and working with product, finance, and technology to investigate and resolve any billing issues as they arise. Collections responsibilities include following up with account managers and customers for past due invoices and other billing related concerns. The Billing Operations and Collections team works closely with other members of the Finance team on monthly reconciliation efforts, tracking invoice reconciliation, reviewing data for irregularities and errors on a regular, on-going basis, and providing regular feedback to internal teams on reconciliation progress.
Reporting directly into the Senior Director of Finance Shared Services and as the leader of the team, this position is responsible for handling day to day billing operations for new and existing products, planning and execution of billing project initiatives, as well as identifying and driving billing process improvements. This individual will be the public face of the team to the rest of the company, collaborating with Finance, Operations, and Revenue teams on a daily basis. Personal activities will include leading the team in designing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes across multiple markets. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with strong finance knowledge and the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the team.
- Works to define and enforce the company’s billing standardization and automation objectives to ensure a streamlined billing process that can be scaled globally.
- Manage the team in developing a process to triage daily inbound billing requests and ensure team members are driving their tickets to completion
- Work with finance and product teams to design and execute an operational billing model for new product SKUs. These include development of processes and procedures and determining how the new product SKUs will be entered and invoiced.
- Build and run various reports for the team and various internal customers in regards to billing system health. Analyze billing information to provide recommendations and data to various internal customers, and to ensure accurate translation of contract and billing information.
- Work within cross-functional teams to resolve billing errors and implement billing process improvements. Analyze errors and trace them back to the root cause.
- Assist with post-billing system migration cleanup, analysis, auditing, and remediation projects as required.
- Liaison with Business Applications and Finance to resolve system discrepancies and to develop systemic enhancements to gain efficiencies. Maintains operational and specific product line knowledge with the ability to translate and correlate this data to billing practices and requirements.
- Recommend and develop practical operating procedures in the billing process. Monitor the operation of the team and the systems to ensure the effective delivery of billing information.
- Manage invoice discrepancy resolution
- Manage the collections efforts of the Collections team, including developing metrics to track team performance and keep Finance leadership apprised of results. Develop and publish weekly reports for distribution to Finance leadership.
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes
- Lead personnel development and ensure clear team communication
- Participate in staffing discussions and planning/interviews; team building
- BA/BS Degree or similar college level education, preferably in an Accounting, Finance, or other related field
- 8-10 years of work experience in Accounting/Audit, Finance, or Billing Operations in a SaaS environment
- Proficient with MS Office tools, highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of database querying required. Proficiency in SQL is a plus.
- Experience in finance/business process improvement initiatives
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
- Extremely detail oriented and process driven, with focus on efficiency and problem solving
- Exhibit flexibility and adaptability in quickly evolving scenarios
- Ability to take direction and embrace a changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams
- Quick learner, excited by the challenge of mastering complex systems
- Comfortable with significant responsibility in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgement with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and work well under pressure
- Confident, proactive, self motivated, enthusiastic, quick thinking, goal and results oriented
- Experience with Zuora, Salesforce, Workday, or NetSuite is a plus
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top