Senior Director, Global Business Applications
Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
The Yext IT group is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable IT solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our customers and business partners – who trust and rely on us. We are creating an infrastructure that scales and supports Yext's ambitious vision. That requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify and investigate new technologies to continue to deliver and scale globally and securely.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Global Business Applications who will build and lead a team of a highly-collaborative and results-oriented IT staff tasked with delivering global, high value IT business applications across the company. This individual will ensure business alignment with executive team members and sponsors; and to anticipate the needs of the business and scale the team to stay ahead of the curve.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the CIO
- Strategic and operational IT Application ownership for the following areas: Finance, HR, Revenue, Marketing, Customer Success, Enterprise Operations, and Legal
- Drive executive level communication / support for the IT Applications strategy
- Partner with key business sponsors / executive stakeholders to deliver high value IT solutions
- Drive operational excellence while leveraging KPI's to measure the success/value of the IT Applications team
- Develop and maintain relationships with client organizations to ensure their IT Application expectations are being met and priorities are set at the appropriate level.
- Develop and manage plan of record for the IT Applications portfolio; while driving culture of delivery to commitments
- Fifteen+ years’ experience in IT, with ten+ years' experience leading and managing an IT organization or Applications group at a fast growing high technology company.
- Excellent change management skills and ability to operate effectively in fast paced environment.
- Experience with SaaS based solution and cloud architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and develop global applications organization in collaboration with overall IT strategy.
- Demonstrated strength in contract negotiations, vendor management, and capacity planning in a fast growth environment.
- Knowledgeable in SOX compliance and information security.
- Current on business applications, trends in IT and experience evaluating/implementing new innovative IT solutions
- A process-oriented individual, with strong project management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Candidate must have proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and meet all financial and management goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps own direction to succeed.
- Excellent team management, recruiting, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Strong business/relevant industry acumen with the ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities, operations, and IT enablement potential.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top