Senior Accounting Manager, International
Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Manager of International Accounting with a positive attitude and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. The Senior Manager of International Accounting directs the day-to-day accounting activities and preparation of financial statements for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for all international subsidiaries. In addition, this position is responsible for internal financial controls and ensuring processes impacting international subsidiaries are globally consistent. This position oversees country specific statutory audits outside of the U.S. and reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Controller in New York. The position is located in New York.
- Direct the department’s international operations for statement preparation, internal controls and reviews, financial standards and audits.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close process for all international entities. Work closely with the Tax team to ensure all transfer pricing relationships are properly documented and appropriately recorded.
- Lead preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with both local GAAP and/or IFRS accounting principles. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results to the Corporate Controller and External Reporting team. Liaise with and oversee work performed by local accounting firms as necessary.
- Oversee the preparation and coordination of the year-end audit process and partner effectively with external auditors for the entities within the international remit. Manage relationships and work closely with external consultants and other service providers on special projects as needed.
- In conjunction with Internal Audit, assist in the development and implementation of the Company’s system of internal controls.
- Review all international controls and propose and implement new and amended control procedures. Ensure controls are being applied appropriately and consistently.
- Ensure that international finance teams are preparing financial information monthly/quarterly/annually using approved company financial systems and processes.
- Act as one of our technical accounting Subject Matter Experts covering our international operations to inform the CFO’s organization and business partners across the Company on new accounting standards and their impact to the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and CPA.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience with at least five years in finance and accounting management (i.e., controller, assistant controller, finance/accounting manager).
- Minimum of three years of international finance/accounting management experience working for multi-national SEC registered companies.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Flexible, fast learner who thrives in a constantly changing work environment
- Able to generate creative, simple solutions to complex problems
- Ability to travel
- Experience in a high growth organization
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Blackline
In-depth understanding of local business requirements in Europe and/or Asia
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Yext's Employees
VP, Partner Channels
Tim is responsible for the resale of Yext technologies, working with company partners from large corporations to small businesses to offer guidance and training on programs and sales techniques.
Back to top