Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
This foundational role is a crucial part of keeping our organization running smoothly and helping facilitate a high-energy, engaging work environment. The ideal candidate will excel at enhancing the daily employee experience, managing our physical workspace, planning regular social events, reinforcing our unique office culture, and assisting senior managers with schedule coordination and travel arrangements.
There are no explicit experience requirements for this role. An outstanding, positive, service-oriented attitude coupled with an ability to connect with a team of people and enhance the day-to-day environment will be key drivers of success. Occasional travel to New York, team offsites, and after work social events may be required.
- Events & Travel:
- Work with Leadership Team and staff to plan and facilitate off-sites, team dinners, regular social events, etc.—including hands-on support during non-company events hosted by Yext as requested outside of business hours
- Coordinate and communicate group travel arrangements to company-wide events
- Assist with planning and coordinating staff for major on-site and off-site recruiting events
- Employee Experience:
- Prepare for the arrival of new hires by setting up their desk, chairs, and welcome kit
- Handle various logistics for new hires to make them feel welcome during their first few weeks including: gathering employment paperwork, conducting office tour, helping with culture-related onboarding
- Collaborate with Yext’s recruiting team to design and deliver a delightful candidate experience from the moment an interviewee enters our doors
- Be the friendly face who greets guests and visiting New York team members
- Facility and Amenities:
- Responsible for the cleanliness of space, organization of conference rooms, kitchen/snack area, fun area, and lobby
- Responsible for opening the office for business each day by making coffee and emptying the dishwashers
- Proactively replenish snacks, sodas, and office supplies
- Manage and execute on daily catered lunches—including team calendar management, set-up, and clean-up
- Receive and manage all incoming mail deliveries, hand-deliver packages to team members
- Coordinate building repair/installation requests—sourcing outside licensed contractors as needed
- Communication & Marketing:
- Work cross-functionally within Yext Inc. to communicate company-wide news and facilitate corporate programs between offices
- Work closely with our New York marketing team to act as social media liaison on behalf of our office
- Partner with Leadership Team on building and maintaining local business relationships (FCEDA, Meetup Groups, etc.)
- BA/BS degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance priorities on multiple tasks and demonstrate excellent follow-through amidst interruptions
- Exceptional interpersonal and social skills (you’re upbeat and positive all the time)
- A highly reliable, detail-oriented, and resourceful team player
- An extrovert by nature—you have a knack for gaining trust and confidence from others
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and exercise good judgment
- Demonstrated passion for doing what it takes to make others happy
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things and continuous improvement
- Ability to know when to deflect inappropriate requests and delegate issues upward
- Ability to anticipate and plan for total office needs and stay within a budget
- Tech savviness. You have the strong ability to navigate through various software programs on a Mac/iPad—including Google Apps, Web Conferencing tools and Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top