Manager, Software Engineering
- New York, NY
Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help us continue building out our product and services! Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
What You’ll Do
- Lead full life-cycle software development
- Drive the development process through design, implementation, and deployment
- Work closely with the executive team to develop a software roadmap for future features and improvements
- Mentor team members, encouraging career and personal growth
- Ensure your team meets deadlines and launch dates through an effective sprint planning process and daily standups
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
What You Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related field, or a similar college level education
- 7+ years of relevant, industry development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of 5-10 engineers
- Strong foundation in software architecture and design
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we primarily code in Java)
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.
Back to top