Head of Industry, Financial Services
Yext puts business on the map with the award-winning Location Cloud. We enable companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Our products — Listings, Pages, and Reviews — enable the world's millions of businesses to drive face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a Financial Services Industry Leader who will lead Yext’s strategy for the Financial Services Vertical within the United States. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, with the ability to work cross-functionally in order to develop scalable solutions for their clients, as well as their teams. They will build the financial services vertical messaging and develop Yext product offerings. They will also be the lead public evangelist for financial services for the company and will include public speaking, blogging, and other forms of media. We are looking for a self-starter entrepreneurial type leader who has demonstrated success building up an offering in the financial services vertical. Ideal candidates will have management experience in a consultative sales environment, as well as extensive experience marketing digital marketing solutions.
- Define and own the strategic direction of Yext Financial Services offering.
- Become Yext’s Chief Evangelist in the financial services vertical which would include speaking at conferences, webinars, thought leadership articles and PR.
- Define, execute, and own an engagement strategy for key prospects, as well as a go-to-market strategy, in partnership with Product Marketing.
- Build trust based value added partnerships, both internally and externally, while supporting team members selling to financial services prospects from the retail banking, insurance, mortgage, and wealth sub-verticals.
- Maintain open communications and collaborate heavily with cross-functional partners, including Direct Enterprise Sales, Client Services, Product Management, Consulting and Marketing, to ensure timely and appropriate client solutions.
- In conjunction with customer success organization, create and foster referenceable customers for purposes of sales and marketing activities.
- Develop specific revenue and qualified target account plans for sales teams, as needed, to ensure growth in all products/services categories.
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Yext to clients.
- Identify, develop and implement best practice sharing amongst the team to reinforce executable selling behaviors that are indicative of over overachievement.
- Remain keenly aware of the competitive landscape and create awareness to both team members and executives regarding how our products and clients fit in.
- Participate in sales team meetings, sales management meetings and quarterly business reviews for key customers and prospects.
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships.
- Comfortable in solving both performance based and branding objectives.
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data into client value.
- Ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to forge relationship with top marketing decision makers at targeted brands.
- Demonstrate success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes, and systems.
- Extraordinary skills in the areas of people leadership, sales, planning, forecasting, and prioritization.
- Strong understanding of technology and trends that are changing the digital landscape.
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel.
Experience in a marketing performance environment, with a solid understanding of SEO and SEM SaaS, Local, Display and/or Search market experience. Practitioner preferred.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Based in the heart of New York City, Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015 & 2016).
Meet Some of Yext's Employees
Senior Account Manager, Enterprise Client Services
Lexi interfaces with the Product and Consulting Teams to ensure her clients’ expectations are met and data is up-to-date across Yext’s ecosystem of location services, allowing consumers to find great products and services faster.
Back to top