Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
The Data Strategist is responsible for supporting the development of Customer Analytics for Yext clients. Key responsibilities will include analyzing customer data to extract trends and insights that can be shared with both Yext’s Customers and Sales/Services organization as well as supporting the development of internal data-driven initiatives. The ideal candidate is someone with 1-1.5 years of experience in an analytical role who is comfortable manipulating large data sets to extract compelling customer narratives. Preferably, this person will have experience building engaging client presentations and is well versed in database languages/tool development.
- Support development of customer analytics and insights for client Quarterly Business Reviews across all product suites
- Assist in developing best-in-class training materials, client-facing decks, and templates to support analytical reporting both internally and externally
- Support the technical development projects aimed at improving Yext’s ability to analyze and process aggregate client data for both internal and external reporting
- Work to identify trends or other insights that can be shared across sales and services teams to showcase the value and power of our data
- Assist in analyzing critical metrics/standards for our products and drive standards across all clients
- Work with Consulting and Xone teams to develop recommendations based on empirical usage and behavior data from current clients
- BA/BS degree in economics; math/statistics; business; and/or finance
- Problem solver/strategist with at least 2 years of relevant experience in B2B and B2C markets
- Strong secondary research skills -- ability to obtain, synthesize, and analyze data from disparate sources and provide concise representation of such data to support recommendations
- Strong analytical and database skills
- Experience with database tool development, SQL, coding, and data science preferred
- Proven track record of developing, administering and monitoring market analysis, data trends, and generation of reports
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top