Business Development Manager
The Yext Business Development team is responsible for growing the network of online directories, mapping providers, and mobile apps that integrate Yext geodata into their consumer experiences. These partnerships include global deals with companies like Facebook, Yelp, Apple, Microsoft and Foursquare, as well as regional directories in North America and Europe. Over the coming year the team will be focused on developing partnerships with new types of consumer applications and expanding our global network. Yext is looking for a top-notch Business Development Manager to be responsible for growing the numbers of publishers working with Yext as well as maintaining and fostering current relationships.
This role will play a key part in the continued success of the Yext Publisher network in the United States, while expanding our partnerships with publishers internationally. A successful candidate will bring a proven background in strategic thinking, acquiring new business, client success and will have strong and demonstrable skills in cultivating strong and productive relationships with our clients. This role will play a key part in the continued success of Yext product offering driving new and existing revenue and representing the Yext brand in the marketplace.
- Manage and optimize day-to-day of current U.S. publisher partners and ensure partner satisfaction
- Assist Head of Global Data Partnerships in securing new publishers by contacting small and medium size publishers, networks and other sources
- Meet or exceed market growth goals by managing your pipeline and live accounts in accordance with the standards expected at Yext
- Build and manage relationships with publishers in North America (and when needed, EMEA) to insure that the maximum number of our publisher partners are rich capable
- Evangelize Yext’s Digital Location Management platform and contribute to building the Yext brand and community in the marketplace
- Represent Yext at industry events
- Where applicable, liaise with international colleagues for pan European/ global deals.
- BA/BS degree 3-5 years experience in business development, account management, consulting, sales and/or publisher development
- Strong communication skills and the ability to pitch comprehensive online publishing solutions over the telephone and in person
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability and flexibility to review own progress and adapt to changing objectives of the market
- Motivated self starter, with outstanding work ethic and who thrives in a team environment
- Proven ability to meet stretch goals in a challenging environment
- Experience and collaborative abilities to work with internal teams
- Extremely proactive, organized, responsible, and proven ability to work well with a team
- Excellent business presentation skills including strong oral and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) essential
- Knowledge of location-based technology
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people go places. The award-winning Yext Location Management Platform enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Our products—PowerListings®, Pages, and Xone™—enable the world's 50 million businesses to drive face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015).
Back to top