Billing Operations Team Lead
Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Yext is searching for a Lead for the Billing Operations Team. The Billing Operations Team is responsible for managing, maintaining, and monitoring our billing systems. Team responsibilities include ensuring each client is properly configured for billing and fulfillment, maintaining company product catalog and standard pricing offers, performing complex billing configurations where required, and working with product, finance, and technology to investigate and resolve any billing issues as they arise. This team works closely with the Finance department on monthly reconciliation efforts, tracking invoice reconciliation, reviewing data for irregularities and errors on a regular, on-going basis, and providing regular feedback to internal teams on reconciliation progress.
As the leader of a small team, this position shares the responsibility for handling day to day billing operations for new and existing products, planning and execution of billing project initiatives, as well as identifying and driving billing process. This individual will be the public face of the team to the rest of the company, collaborating with Finance, Engineering, and Revenue teams on a daily basis. Personal activities will include designing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes across multiple markets. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with strong finance knowledge and the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the team.
- Triage daily inbound billing requests and ensure team members are driving their tickets to completion
- Work with finance and product teams to design and execute an operational billing model for new product SKUs. These include development of processes and procedures and determining how the new product SKUs will be entered and invoiced.
- Build and run various reports for the team and various internal customers in regards to billing system health. Analyze billing information to provide recommendations and data to various internal customers, and to ensure accurate translation of contract and billing information.
- Works to define and enforce the company’s billing standardization and automation objectives while ensuring that there is no revenue impact to the business.
- Work within cross-functional teams to resolve billing errors and implement billing process improvements. Analyze errors and traces them back to the root cause using the raw data in the appropriate database to implement systemic systems fixes rather than repetitive data fixes.
- Assist with post-billing system migration cleanup, analysis, auditing, and remediation projects as required.
- Liaison with Engineering and Finance to resolve system discrepancies and to develop systemic enhancements to gain efficiencies. Maintains operational and specific product line knowledge with the ability to translate and correlate this data to billing practices and requirements.
- Recommend and develop practical operating procedures in the billing process. Monitor the operation of the team and the systems to ensure the effective delivery of billing information.
- Manage invoice discrepancy resolution
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes
- Lead personnel development and ensure clear team communication
- Participate in staffing discussions and planning/interviews; team building
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in an Accounting, Finance, or other related field
- 8-10 years of work experience in Accounting/Audit, Finance, Billing Operations, or other related field
- Proficient with MS Office tools, highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of database querying required. Proficiency in SQL is a plus.
- Experience in finance/business process improvement initiatives
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
- Extremely detail oriented and process driven, with focus on efficiency and problem solving
- Exhibit flexibility and adaptability in quickly evolving scenarios
- Ability to take direction and embrace a changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams
- Quick learner, excited by the challenge of mastering complex systems
- Comfortable with significant responsibility in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgement with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and work well under pressure
- Confident, proactive, self motivated, enthusiastic, quick thinking, goal and results oriented
- Experience with Zuora, Salesforce, or Netsuite is a plus
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top