Assistant General Counsel, Revenue
Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Yext is seeking a talented and business-oriented attorney to join its growing Legal team. In this position, you will partner with our Enterprise and Partner/Reseller sales teams in managing, negotiating and executing commercial transactions, as well as managing the team of commercial contract lawyers that support revenue. This position is based in our NYC office and reports directly to our General Counsel.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements – primarily SaaS subscription agreements – across our Enterprise and Partner/Reseller sales teams
- Managing a team of commercial contract attorneys that supports revenue deals
- Improving and maintaining our standard commercial agreements, contract negotiation playbooks and legal processes to help us scale globally
- Proactively working with internal clients to improve and scale all aspects of the sales contract negotiation process
- Conducting periodic employee trainings on all of the above
- At least 7 years of corporate and/or commercial experience at a leading law firm, in-house, or a combination thereof;
- Experience managing attorneys and/or teams of attorneys;
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills;
- Prior experience with commercial agreements required, experience with SaaS, content distribution and general commercial agreements within the online media or technology industry strongly preferred;
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines;
- Highly organized, process-driven and client-focused team player;
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law;
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top