- New York, NY
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for an Accounting Manager position to join its growing and dynamic accounting team within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for the monthly close process, general accounting, reporting, team development and process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen the overall control environment. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this role will work closely with members of the Revenue, Finance Systems, FP&A, HR, Legal & Operations team. The ideal candidate will have experience with and strong understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, accounting systems and data analysis expertise. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a positive impact with a growing company and to work collaboratively with senior leaders at Yext. The successful candidate will be someone who is excited to go beyond the traditional accounting responsibilities of close and work in a team to help grow and scale the company!
What You'll Do
- Manage the day to day activities of the accounting team focusing on close activities, process improvements, automation and analysis of the business results to support the company’s scale and growth
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries, variance analysis and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Review accounting transactions to ensure transactions and financial statements are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP
- Initiate reviews and analysis to provide business insights and respond to inquiries from senior management
- Participate and initiate process improvement projects to increase efficiency and reduce cycle times
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Manage external auditors for annual audit and quarterly review requirements
- Participate on strategic company projects/initiatives and apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Assist in executing and communicating team vision and strategy
- Coach, mentor and develop a robust team to support their growth/professional development. Included but not limited to goal setting and career development of team members.
What You Have
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- CPA is preferred
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong analytical and communication skills with a sharp focus on details
- Ability to work with different business units, develop an understanding of business processes and understand/discuss implications on the financial statements
- Interest in building and refining processes and contributing to a scaling business operation
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present information to managers, peers and customers
- Detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and be flexible as priorities shift
- High degree of dedication to continuous improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, Workday and Blackline or equivalent systems is a plus
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top