2020 Visual Web Designer Summer Intern
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Please note: Your application must include a link to your website/online portfolio.
Our Consulting Group works with Yext’s largest clients to deliver highly-customized and integrated Websites. Our work is leaps and bounds beyond our competitors and is seen by millions of people across the globe. The team includes Project Management, Visual Design, and Software Engineering experts that work together to deliver end-to-end solutions. We value things like: curiosity, failing forward, productivity hacks, excellent communication, a sense of humor, and confidence without ego.
We’re Growing! Yext is continuing to build our creative team and we are hiring 2020 summer interns! You will learn how to design elegant solutions to complex problems along with our Creative Lead, fellow Visual Designers, Project Managers and the Software Engineering Team. You’ll gain experience working alongside our world-class visual design team to make responsive Web layouts for coveted Fortune 500 consumer brands, assisting with building our catalogue of UI design patterns, and helping improve our team’s craft.
- Assist with producing high-quality visual Web designs—from concept to execution, including those for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Create and iterate on assets that reflect a client’s brand, enforce a language, and help accomplish both business and user goals in our product
- Push creativity, constructively challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- Innovatively adapt our in-house atomic design system to match client branding
- Hone precision and practical design skills
- Partner with Software Engineers to implement your designs just as you had envisioned
- Pursuing BA/BS degree or similar college level education in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience with a graduation date between December 2020 and August 2021
- Proficiency in tools like Sketch, Zeplin, Invision App, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A jaw-dropping online portfolio, free of typos
- Familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap screen sizes and 12-column grid principle
- Experience designing for variable data (CMS-driven layouts)
- Ability to create style guides to be used cross-functionally
- Interaction design sensibility
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, unlimited snacks, and daily meal allowance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top