Senior Software Engineer - Back-End
About Yeti Custom Shop
YETI Custom Shop is the official customization service for YETI’s Rambler line of drinkware. We leverage a unique laser marking process to create an attractive and highly durable custom mark on the cup. YETI Custom Shop is growing extremely fast and and we have big plans for across the board technology development and integration from e-commerce to our manufacturing floor.
The Senior Software Developer will be part of an engineering team that will be responsible for all of the development and implementation of YETI Custom Shop’s manufacturing and production control systems This position requires a strong background in Service Oriented Architecture. The Senior Software Developer will be asked to work on multiple mission critical control applications that will be used everyday on the production line to run our custom built lasers. This position offers an extremely rare and unique opportunity to join a highly profitable, fast growing business with a fun and agile startup culture.
- Advanced level of understanding of C#, Service Oriented Architectures, SOAP and REST
- Advanced level capability with implementing back-office services using custom TCP/IP protocols
- Advanced knowledge in data-modeling and strong foundation in computer science fundamentals: data-structures, algorithms
- Strong unit testing habits and an exacting attention to detail
- Some experience in manufacturing control applications will be seen as positive
- Some experience with client-side development will be seen as positive
- Appreciation for commonly accepted best practices: unit testing, continuous integration, micro-services
- Experience with Git/Github is expected
- Experience with AWS: S3, ElasticCache, SQS, SNS will be seen as positive
- Strong problem solving ability and a positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- An understanding of startup environments, agile development, and how to balance the need to maintain operations versus the need to build things the right way is an absolute must.
- Development of back-end services that support the automation and scheduling of YETI Custom Shop’s purpose-built assembly line
- Design and implement database schema, state-machines, scheduling algorithms and network protocols needs for control and communication with factory machines
- Unit testing and Functional test of applications before deployment
- Support deployments and production debugging
- Work closely with cross-functional team leads in the design and development of new applications
While this position specifically seeks a Senior Software Developer who will focus on implementing services in C# on Windows, we strongly prefer candidates with a diversity of experience capable of working across a variety of technologies. We are in the early stages of a major technology build-out and the candidate will be able to influence certain key architectural decisions that we must make.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience at going market rates along with a performance bonus plan.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Back to top