Senior Software Engineer
About YETI Custom Shop
YETI Custom Shop is the official customization service for YETI's Rambler line of stainless steel drinkware. We leverage a unique laser marking process to create an attractive and highly durable custom mark on the cup. YETI Custom Shop is growing extremely fast and we have big plans for across the board technology development and integration from e-commerce to our manufacturing floor.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of an engineering team that will be responsible for all of the development and implementation of YETI Custom Shop’s manufacturing and production control systems. This position requires a strong background in Service Oriented Architecture. The Senior Software Engineer will be asked to work on multiple mission critical control applications that will be used every day on the production line to run our custom built lasers. This position offers an extremely rare and unique opportunity to join a highly profitable, fast growing business with a fun and agile startup culture.
- Development of back-end services that support the automation and scheduling of YETI Custom Shop’s purpose-built assembly line, as well as laser and machine control
- Design and implement database schema, state-machines, scheduling algorithms and network protocols needed for control and communication with factory machines
- Unit testing and Functional test of applications before deployment
- Support deployments and production debugging
- Work closely with cross-functional team leads in the design and development of new applications
You'll feel right at home here if you possess the following DNA:
- Complete understanding of C#, SOAP, REST and Service Oriented Architectures
- Advanced level capability with implementing back-office services using custom TCP/IP protocols
- Solid capabilities with implementing client side GUI applications on the desktop using WPF
- Advanced knowledge in data-modeling and strong foundation in computer science fundamentals: data-structures, algorithms
- Some experience in manufacturing control applications will be seen as positive
- Experience with server-side and client-side development will be most welcome
- Appreciation for commonly accepted best practices: unit testing, continuous integration, micro-services
- Experience with Git/Github and Git Flow processes
- Experience with AWS: S3, ElasticCache, SQS, SNS will be seen as positive
- Some knowledge for the following, Nats.IO, Serilog, Autofac and Caliburn
- Familiarity with Kibana, InfluxDB, Akka and Xamarin will also be impressive
- Strong unit testing habits and an exacting attention to detail
- Strong problem solving ability and a positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- An understanding of startup environments, agile development, and how to balance the need to maintain operations versus the need to build things the right way is an absolute must
While this position specifically seeks a Senior Software Engineer who will focus on implementing services in C# on Windows, we strongly prefer candidates with a diversity of experience capable of working across a variety of technologies. We are in the early stages of a major technology build-out and the candidate will be able to influence certain key architectural decisions that we must make.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience at going market rates along with a performance bonus plan.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Meet Some of YETI Custom Shop's Employees
Director Of Operations
As Director of Operations, it’s Nick’s responsibility to streamline the process of moving from concept to delivery for each product ordered by a YETI Custom Shop customer.
Back to top