Operations Manager - Manufacturing
YETI Custom Shop is the official customization service for YETI’s Rambler line of drinkware.We leverage a unique laser marking process to create an attractive and highly durable custom mark on the cup. YETI Custom Shop is growing extremely fast and and we have big plans for across the board technology development and integration from e-commerce to our manufacturing floor.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with a track record of operations management to assist in the growth process of one of Austin’s fastest growing companies.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading all of the production and warehouse staff at our new manufacturing facility in South Austin. This position offers an extremely rare and unique opportunity to join a highly profitable, fast growing business with a fun and agile startup culture.
You'll fit right in here if you possess the following DNA:
- Lead, motivate, develop, and train a team of production employees. Assigns work and sets priorities for employees.
- Prioritize production schedules based on available manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity, and materials requirements.
- Lead operational meetings, establish processes, and ensure alignment of strategic plans.
- Establish, meet, track and report on operational budgets and goals
- Develop and track key performance indicators to meet or improve cycle time performance.
- Ensure timely response to operational issues impacting customer satisfaction and ensures conformance to customer requirements.
- Develop operational procedures that are designed to prevent employee accidents and injuries.
- Responsible for ensuring and documenting that all department employees receive and follow appropriate department training.
- Implement, emphasizes importance of, and monitors compliance to appropriate safety policies and procedures.
- Develops personnel to include training and career development
- Manages development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans, and coaching.
- Manages the employee hiring, reward, and discipline processes.
- Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts utilizing lean initiatives.
- Must be a forword thinker with a can-do attitude
- Minimum 5 years of prior operational management experience in a fast paced environment
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with a track record of leadership responsibilities
- Dependable, energetic, and flexible
- Clear and effective communication to upper management and internal department
- Personable, enthusiastic, ambitious, and team-oriented
- Superior time management skills along with a keen ability to lead by example
- Organized and strategic planner/thinker, with a creative approach toward building solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting set deadlines
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience at going market rates along with a performance bonus plan.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Back to top