Western Regional Sales Manager
*This position is to be based in a major city in California, Oregon, or Washington*
At YETI, you will have the opportunity to create something extraordinary. You will make a real impact because you are the type of person who thrives on cutting a sustainable path.
As the Regional Sales Manager, you will oversee all commercial functionality for your assigned territory including customer relationships, over-arching channel management, sales planning and forecasting, customer development and customer experience.
As a rapidly growing company, YETI requires a sales leader who operates with a spirit of entrepreneurial-ism while bringing strategic leadership and best practices to launch into this new market place. This person must thrive living the “player/coach” model relishing front-line customer management as well as team deployment and development. The Company benefits from a position of strength within its categories; the Regional Sales Manager must bring the ability and experience to extend and solidify the company as this market leader through constantly minding the premium nature of the brand. This leader must have a global mindset, performance management skills and the desire to bring YETI into a new
A look at your day-to-day
- Reports to VP of Sales
- Build and lead a high performance sales team across your territory
- Strategically leverage market research, competitive analysis and consumer data by customer, segment or channel, with targeted strategies that support overarching objectives; build a solutions-oriented selling culture that effectively uses data, insights, technology and value added services to drive revenue growth
- Lead the sales territory to develop and deliver short and long term joint business plans with customers and distributors that create competitive advantage, are aligned with and meet/exceed business and financial objectives
- Build & lead the sales organization in the areas of:
- Structure and talent management (hiring, performance management, and succession planning) to set and deliver the sales strategy & objectives
- Develop capabilities (functional and managerial) to operate in diverse circumstances and rapidly-changing environments
- Create an energizing work environment along with an innovative, efficient, and flexible organization
- Create a performance culture within the sales organization that leverages metrics, performance management tools, CRM and other systems
- Establish access to top customers and continually develop close working relationships to better understand retailers’ business needs and priorities and to deliver solutions that drive and build customer loyalty; embed this capability in the organization
- Optimize resources, processes, cross-functional and customer relationships to continually improve the gross-to-net ratio with profitable growth
Now for a little bit about you….
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field is required; MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years’ professional sales experience ideally in the outdoor retail or wholesale sector with start-up experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and lead high performing sales teams in an ultra-competitive environment while working to innovate across categories
- Diverse product experience is highly desired; while grounded and tested in sales, the successful candidate would ideally have experience in customer development (category management, shopper marketing, revenue growth management / pricing)
- Experience partnering with big-box retailers from a planning, buying and forecasting prospective
- Broad product category experience is welcome; specific outdoor product industry experience is not required; diverse industry background is highly desired
- International experience or exposure, ideally with distributor or subsidiary management experience; must have global mindset and cultural sensitivity
- A superior communicator, presenter and facilitator with strong interpersonal skills and charisma; a natural relationship builder who enjoys challenges and can strike the balance between being flexible and appropriately tough-minded
- Broad business acumen and developed analytical skills; has an action orientation after a review of the facts that’s combined with experience and judgment
- Appropriately and actively balances the ‘art and science’ of selling; builds deep and sustainable relationships through the use of data, analysis and insights; charismatic and adaptable based on customer needs
- Proven ability to achieve goals through influence and partnership, but a bias for hands-on action and front-line leadership
- Is stable in the face of ambiguity and pressure; adapts to change, acts with a high sense of urgency; delivers results
- Works effectively in rapidly changing complex business environment
- Strong leader / mentor / coach who is passionate about personnel development and is able to lead through example and influence
- A developed manager who is able to quickly assess multiple projects and delegate efficiently while maintaining a hands-on approach including territory travel and face-to-face customer management
- Entrepreneurial persuasion; a calculated risk taker who is highly competitive
- An analytical thinker who is systematic, strategic and focused on problem solving and forward momentum
- Extreme customer focus; an executive who is also able to service constituents in local and regional communities as well as internal ‘clients’
- Passion for hunting, fishing, boating, camping or the general outdoor lifestyle is desirable
Who we are & what we stand for:
We set out to build a cooler without compromise -- one that would stand up to all the abuse we could throw at it. Turns out we weren’t alone in our frustration with cheap gear. Ten years and a few more compromise-free products later, and we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry. We are in a rare sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization every day, but now have the resources to do really big things.
We are probably bigger (in sales, staff, resources) than you think we are, but still small enough for you to meaningfully help build and shape this growing brand. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, which is one of America’s fastest growing cities for a reason: it’s a pretty great place to live.
Fit with YETI’s Core Values
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*This position is to be based in a major city in California, Oregon or Washington*
Meet Some of YETI Coolers's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top