Regional Sales Director - Canada
* Position to be based within 50 miles of a major Canadian city *
At YETI, you will have the opportunity to create something extraordinary. You will make a real impact because you are the type of person who thrives on cutting a sustainable path.
Now YETI is off on our next big adventure - to take on the Great White North. For the first time in our company’s history, we’re expanding beyond our borders and bringing our passion brand to our Canadian neighbours. As a result, we are now looking to hire a Regional Sales Director to help us launch into this very important new market.
As the Regional Sales Director, you will oversee all commercial functionality for the Canadian territory including customer relationships, over-arching channel management, sales planning and forecasting, customer development and customer experience. Working alongside YETI's Sr. VP of Sales, you will execute & deliver on our go-to-market strategy and structure. Strategic, tactical and inspirational leadership ability with external customers and internal constituents is critical to success. Moreover, the interest and ability to reinvent and evolve the sales and broader commercial organization in terms of talent, processes and continuing the foster the YETI culture and encourage the core values.
YETI requires a sales leader who operates with a spirit of entrepreneurial-ism while bringing strategic leadership and best practices to launch into this new market place. This person must thrive living the “player/coach” model relishing front-line customer management as well as team deployment and development. The Company benefits from a position of strength within its categories; the Regional Sales Director must bring the ability and experience to extend and solidify the company as this market leader through constantly minding the premium nature of the brand. This leader must have a global mindset, performance management skills and the desire to bring YETI into a new market swiftly and successfully.
A look at your day-to-day
- Reports to Senior VP of Sales (US based, Senior Leader)
- Build and lead a high performance sales team across Canadian territory
- Successful introduction of YETI brand and products into the Canadian market
- Strategically leverage market research, competitive analysis and consumer data by customer, segment or channel, with targeted strategies that support overarching objectives; build a solutions-oriented selling culture that effectively uses data, insights, technology and value added services to drive revenue growth
- Lead the Canadian Sales organization to develop and deliver short and long term joint business plans with customers and distributors that create competitive advantage, are aligned with and meet/exceed business and financial objectives
- Build & lead the Canadian sales organization in the areas of:
- Structure and talent management (hiring, performance management, and succession planning) to set and deliver the sales strategy & objectives for Canada
- Organization culture; create a winning environment that leverages the strengths of the existing North American portfolio and business while creating a sense of pride and individuality for the Company that breeds market success
- Develop capabilities (functional and managerial) to operate in diverse circumstances and rapidly-changing environments
- Create an energizing work environment along with an innovative, efficient, and flexible organization
- Create a performance culture within the sales organization that leverages metrics, performance management tools, CRM and other systems
- Establish access to top customers and continually develop close working relationships to better understand retailers’ business needs and priorities and to deliver solutions that drive and build customer loyalty; embed this capability in the organization
- Optimize resources, processes, cross-functional and customer relationships to continually improve the gross-to-net ratio with profitable growth
- Deliver financial commitments to business operating plans, financial cycles, and medium to long-term financial frameworks. This includes:
- Actively lead the management of all controllable expenses (promotional spending, including returns and SG&A)
- Lead Sales participation in collaborative company forecast process with objective risk analysis, as well as area budget for each relevant financial forecast
- Lead proactive communication on any variances in Sales activities to the company forecast.
Now for a little bit about you….
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field is required; MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years’ professional sales experience ideally in the outdoor retail or wholesale sector with start-up experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and lead high performing Sales teams in an ultra-competitive environment while working to innovate across categories
- Diverse functional experience is highly desired; while grounded and tested in sales, the successful candidate would ideally have experience in customer development (category management, shopper marketing, revenue growth management / pricing)
- Broad product category experience is welcome; specific outdoor product industry experience is not required; diverse industry background is highly desired
- International experience or exposure, ideally with distributor or subsidiary management experience; must have global mindset and cultural sensitivity
- A superior communicator, presenter and facilitator with strong interpersonal skills and charisma; a natural relationship builder who enjoys challenges and can strike the balance between being flexible and appropriately tough-minded
- Broad business acumen and developed analytical skills; has an action orientation after a review of the facts that’s combined with experience and judgment
- Appropriately and actively balances the ‘art and science’ of selling; builds deep and sustainable relationships through the use of data, analysis and insights; charismatic and adaptable based on customer needs
- Proven ability to achieve goals through influence and partnership, but a bias for hands-on action and front-line leadership
- Is stable in the face of ambiguity and pressure; adapts to change, acts with a high sense of urgency; delivers results
- Works effectively in rapidly changing complex business environment
- Strong leader / mentor / coach who is passionate about personnel development and is able to lead through example and influence
- A developed manager who is able to quickly assess multiple projects and delegate efficiently while maintaining a hands-on approach including territory travel and face-to-face customer management
- Entrepreneurial persuasion; a calculated risk taker who is highly competitive
- An analytical thinker who is systematic, strategic and focused on problem solving and forward momentum
- Extreme customer focus; an executive who is also able to service constituents in local and regional communities as well as internal ‘clients’
- Passion for hunting, fishing, boating, camping or the general outdoor lifestyle is desirable
Back to top