At YETI, you will have the opportunity to create something extraordinary. You will make a real impact because you are the type of person who thrives on cutting a sustainable path.
You are a self-starter and are always able to succeed in an unstructured work environment with a strong desire to complete projects by deadline. You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. You love developing complex reports and you get excited about organizing databases and legal files. You possesses the strong ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
A look at your day-to-day
- Reports to General Counsel
- Assist in the prosecution of litigation, including organization of documents and calendaring of events
- Prepare summaries and status reports of IP issues and cases for review by in-house counsel
- Research trademark clearance and other intellectual property matters
- Organize and index databases and legal files
- Assist in developing reports and presentations, fact-finding and drafting legal documents
- Support the General Counsel by performing other duties and special projects as assigned
Now for a little bit about you….
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certificate is preferred
- 8+ years of legal experience in a corporate law firm setting
- Experience with intellectual property matters, including portfolio prosecution and litigation
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of clients
- Experience drafting and reviewing legal documents
- Recent experience with intellectual property
- Proven track record of taking initiative to identify and solve problems, manage projects, make continuous process improvements and work both independently and as a member of a team
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive material
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail, demonstrated ability to analyze legal advice and then apply it to business needs
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality, and the ability to work on a wide range of legal matters
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
Who we are & what we stand for:
We set out to build a cooler without compromise -- one that would stand up to all the abuse we could throw at it. Turns out we weren’t alone in our frustration with cheap gear. Ten years and a few more compromise-free products later, and we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry. We are in a rare sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization every day, but now have the resources to do really big things.
We are probably bigger (in sales, staff, resources) than you think we are, but still small enough for you to meaningfully help build and shape this growing brand. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, which is one of America’s fastest growing cities for a reason: it’s a pretty great place to live.
Fit with YETI’s Core Values
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI Coolers's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top