Manager of Global Brand Protection
YETI created and leads the premium cooler category by making ridiculously tough (bear-proof) coolers that keep things cold for an absurdly long time, and is now seeking a Manager of Global Brand Protection to join our growing legal team.
A lot about the job
The Manager of Global Brand Protection is responsible for designing and implementing best practices to protect YETI’s integrity, eliminate counterfeiting and knock-offs, strengthen brand reputation and protect intellectual property assets.
Reports to: General Counsel
Key Interfaces: External Vendors, Quality, Supply Chain, New Product Development, Sales Operations, Marketing, Finance, Executive Team
- Develop and lead various global programs to protect the YETI brand, including anti-counterfeiting and trademark portfolio management functions
- Work with YETI’s General Counsel to monitor and analyze brand protection efforts and recommend changes to increase efficiency and minimize risk
- Build and maintain relationships with global law enforcement agencies at multiple levels – Local, Federal, and Military
- Act as the subject matter expert by providing direction and guidance to internal departments regarding brand protection and product security
- Work closely with business leaders, cross-functional stakeholders to ensure alignment around business objectives, brand protection risks and strategies, and project priorities
- Initiate investigations on vendors distributing and selling counterfeit products
- Working alongside internal and external counsel to engage with law enforcement and governmental agencies to build prosecution cases against sellers of counterfeit goods
- Identify risks and threats to YETI’s product portfolio, supply chain and distribution network
- Monitor online marketplaces and brick and mortars resellers; identify trademark or IP infringement
- Work with external agencies and partners to collect market intelligence, assess threats and vulnerabilities to YETI distribution channels
- Responsible for awareness and communication programs that will be deployed across multiple supporting departments such as New Product Development, Quality, Supply Chain, Logistics and Legal.
- Interface with governmental agencies in the United States and abroad to understand anti-counterfeiting laws and regulations and to enhance regulators’ efforts to prevent or intercept illicit trade.
Skill Set Requirements
- Highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Educational and Previous Experience Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- An advanced postgraduate is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of brand protection, compliance or investigations experience is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of patents, IP enforcement and trademark practices
- Experience working in a global environment is advantageous
- Relevant industry/product experience strongly preferred
Back to top