Indirect Procurement Manager
- Reports directly to the YETI CFO. This position will be an individual contributor to start but will eventually be abl eto build and supervise a small team of professional procurement staff.
- Travel - Up to approximately 20%
- Working with the supply chain procurement team to develop policies, procedures and structure to deliver world-class purchasing results
- Develop sourcing strategies and action plans to support YETI’s objectives
- Drive significant cost savings and value-add in all indirect spend categories
- Establish, monitor, and deliver results against specific indirect procurement KPI’s
- Expand the usage to purchase orders to include all appropriate spend areas
- Recruit and develop required staff when needed to meet purchasing KPI’s
- Lead complex, multi-stakeholder sourcing projects and high-impact negotiations; handle concurrent end-to-end RFP processes
- Change management - use a consultative approach to ensure high utilization by internal stakeholders
- Drive spend aggregation, vendor consolidation, and strategic sourcing disciplines
- Implement spending analytics to support sourcing strategies
- Lead internal process redesign initiatives to support lower vendor costs
- Provide input to the annual budgeting process to ensure that purchasing benefits are memorialized in reduced spending targets where appropriate
Now for a little bit about you….
- Minimum of 8 years of sourcing and procurement experience regarding indirect goods and services, in large organizations with progressive and effective procurement functions
- You are ideally currently in a leadership position with experience starting this function up from scratch
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain, finance, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Experience with world class ERP systems required, SAP experience preferred
- Strong understanding of contracts, contract negotiation strategies, and contract administration
- High degree of understanding and usage of e-procurement tools
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
Who we are & what we stand for:
We set out to build a cooler without compromise -- one that would stand up to all the abuse we could throw at it. Turns out we weren’t alone in our frustration with cheap gear. Ten years and a few more compromise-free products later, and we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry. We are in a rare sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization every day, but now have the resources to do really big things.
We are probably bigger (in sales, staff, resources) than you think we are, but still small enough for you to meaningfully help build and shape this growing brand. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, which is one of America’s fastest growing cities for a reason: it’s a pretty great place to live.
Fit with YETI’s Core Values
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI Coolers's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top