A lot about the job
The Facilities Manager is an important member of the YETI team. This position is responsible for overseeing all facilities in Austin, and managing several direct staff as well as various outside vendors. The Facilities Manager will report to the CFO.
The Facilities Manager will have primary responsibility for:
- Managing facilities functions at four locations in Austin including building maintenance, electrical and mechanical systems, HVAC, fire protection systems, work order management, safety programs, reception, security and food service.
- Managing contracts with external vendors which provide facilities related services.
- Recruiting and leading a small team of direct staff.
- Managing an effective preventive maintenance program.
- Scheduling repairs and maintenance, as well as cleaning crews.
- Directing facilities space planning, cubicle redesign and reconfigurations, electrical and/or mechanical changes made on YETI properties. Managing all construction projects and contractors.
- Leading the selection of contract service providers, vendor negotiation of service agreements and day-today monitoring of vendor performance, including janitorial, landscaping, building services, painting, copier and print services.
- Reviewing all charges for vendor provided services including utility bills for water, sewer and energy management projects.
- Acting as the primary contact for the building landlord relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties.
- Advocating and leading Green Initiatives for YETI facilities.
- Developing, and operating within, budgets for operating expenses and capital investments.
Educational and Previous Experience Requirements
- Strong working and technical expertise in facilities management for general office buildings.
- Bachelor’s degree required; professional certification (e.g. CFM) is preferred
- Minimum 5 years previous facilities management experience
- Certified Facility Manager credential preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills required, including giving presentations to executive staff.
- Ability to handle multiple current projects
- Strong comfort with basic computer skills (word processing, email, spreadsheets, presentation tools)
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic
A little about YETI
We set out to build a cooler without compromise -- one that would stand up to all the abuse we could throw at it. Turns out we weren’t alone in our frustration with cheap gear. Ten years and a few more compromise-free products later, and we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry. We are in a rare sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization every day, but now have the resources to do really big things. We love it here at YETI (and in Austin), and think you will, too.Fit with YETI’s Core Values
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
Back to top