Data Warehouse Manager
A look at your day-to-day
- Develops quality data warehouse designs, taking into consideration the environment, ETL, scheduling, data quality, BI tools and ultimately, the value derived by the business through actionable analytics
- Works well with 3rd party providers for cloud computing and development services
- Able to troubleshoot issues, and identify the sources of reporting inaccuracies, whether in the database, operating system, application or network
- An expert problem solver, able to quickly identify and resolve issues, and able to independently conduct root cause analysis
- Prepares database diagrams, both logical and physical, or knows how to manage resources that perform these duties
- Ability to create reports, and has worked with SQL server, Tableau and other BI tools.
- This person will be counted on to take a 6 month old data warehouse project, develop a strategy that enables Data Science, and executes against the plan while delivering incremental business benefit along the way.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support the needs of a 24 hour work environment.
- Flexible schedule should be defined to include evening and weekend hours as necessary to meet department and corporate goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills to resolve technically complex problems and obtain end-user results.
- Studies existing data warehouse technologies to evaluate effectiveness and develops changes to improve production or workflow as required.
Now for a little bit about you….
- Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- 10 years of IT progressive experience, with a recent focus on Data Modeling, Data Warehousing development, Data Warehouse tuning, Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- 7 years of recent experience developing and managing enterprise data warehouses
- 5 years of experience with SQL databases and Hadoop environments
- Understands and has worked with SQL Server databases, and ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Experienced designing, deploying and tuning enterprise
- Proven track record working with SQL databases and Hadoop environments
- Experienced with ERP, eCommerce, SFA and CRM environments, preferably SAP, Salesforce and Demandware
- Core member of team during system upgrades and corrects errors to maintain system after implementation
- Experience with mobile development and/or mobile enabled BI applications.
- Familiar with Project Management, Change Control, Incident Management, IT Controls/Audits and System Development Lifecycles
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
Who we are & what we stand for:
We set out to build a cooler without compromise -- one that would stand up to all the abuse we could throw at it. Turns out we weren’t alone in our frustration with cheap gear. Ten years and a few more compromise-free products later, and we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry. We are in a rare sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization every day, but now have the resources to do really big things.
We are probably bigger (in sales, staff, resources) than you think we are, but still small enough for you to meaningfully help build and shape this growing brand. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, which is one of America’s fastest growing cities for a reason: it’s a pretty great place to live.
Fit with YETI’s Core Values
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI Coolers's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top