A look at your day-to-day
- Reporting to the Director of Engineering
- Create engineered files in both 2D and 3D
- Create and modify Solidworks models
- Research the standards and codes for drawings related to various manufacturing sectors
- Review engineering drawings prior to the release
- Develop accurate part drawings, assembly drawings, details and Bills of Material, etc.
- Collaborate with engineers to research drawings, models and sketches to develop detailed dimensioned drawings
- Maintain the consistency of part drawings and files at YETI
- An associate’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD technician using SolidWorks in a product development setting
- Experience creating engineering drawings, parts and assemblies of precision plastic components
- Experience designing to and preparing BOM’s
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy, fabrication process and tolerance stack up
- Previous experience with PDM or PLM software
- Maintaining CAD libraries, databases and cross platform information company wide
- Deep knowledge and skill with surface modeling SOLIDWORKS is required along with a high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to determine scale and perform mathematical calculations, recommend materials to used and knowledge of geometric tolerance to create better requirements for manufacturers.
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
Who we are & what we stand for:
We set out to build a cooler without compromise -- one that would stand up to all the abuse we could throw at it. Turns out we weren’t alone in our frustration with cheap gear. Ten years and a few more compromise-free products later, and we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry. We are in a rare sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization every day, but now have the resources to do really big things.
We are probably bigger (in sales, staff, resources) than you think we are, but still small enough for you to meaningfully help build and shape this growing brand. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, which is one of America’s fastest growing cities for a reason: it’s a pretty great place to live.
Fit with YETI’s Core Values
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top