Assistant General Manager- YETI Flagship
At YETI, you will have the opportunity to create something extraordinary. You will make a real impact because you are the type of person who thrives on cutting a sustainable path.
YETI needs a badass Assistant General Manager to help oversee all aspects of our soon to be open Flagship Brand Experience store. If that sounds like your dream job, we’d like to talk. Alongside the Retail General Manager, this role you will help oversee all aspects of our soon to open Retail Store from hiring and training staff, to forecasting and managing inventory, to maintaining an extraordinary level of Visual Excellence, to driving a culture that delivers an exceptional customer experience.
You are an outgoing leader, and aren’t afraid to take initiative and run with projects with varying levels of direction. You have a customer service-oriented mindset. You thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environments. You excel at cross-functional management, organizational communication, and motivating people to accomplish shared goals.
A look at your day-to-day
- Reports to Retail General Manager
- Help manage people, store operations, events, and environment to achieve sales, marketing, customer satisfaction, and profitability goals and maintain operational standards
- Support the Retail General Manager with recruitment, training and management of store staff
- Drive the staff culture that delivers an inclusive, compelling and inspiring brand, event, and product experience
- Drive exceptional execution of Visual Directives throughout store
- Responsible for forecasting inventory and operational supplies
- Manage inbound receipt and tracking of inventory and all merchandising
- Manage Loss Prevention compliance
- Execute all requirements concerning OSHA to maintain a safe and compliant working atmosphere for all Store Associates
- Required to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings, holidays
Now for a little bit about you….
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years prior Retail Store Management experience including hiring, training, and managing staff
- Experience with various retail operations, such as budgeting, planning, customer service, and sales
- Prior work experience in a food / beverage venue
- Physical requirements include ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, as well as stand for extended periods of time
- Exceptional interpersonal skills founded on an authentic ability to deliver strong customer service
- Awareness of current technology, trends and best practices in retail and digital marketing
- Experience and fluency in Retail Operations Systems
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
Who we are & what we stand for:
We set out to build a cooler without compromise -- one that would stand up to all the abuse we could throw at it. Turns out we weren’t alone in our frustration with cheap gear. Ten years and a few more compromise-free products later, and we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry. We are in a rare sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization every day, but now have the resources to do really big things.
We are probably bigger (in sales, staff, resources) than you think we are, but still small enough for you to meaningfully help build and shape this growing brand. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, which is one of America’s fastest growing cities for a reason: it’s a pretty great place to live.
Fit with YETI’s Core Values
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top