At YETI, you will have the opportunity to create something extraordinary. You will make a real impact because you are the type of person who thrives on cutting a sustainable path.
As the Assistant Controller, you are a highly detail oriented individual who thrives on fast paced environment while achieving deadlines. You are energetic and ready to be part of a growing and dynamic Finance and Accounting team. Proven leader with ability to rally team to continually improve process.
A look at your day-to-day
- Reports to US Controller
- Manage and advise GL team, AP Supervisor, and AR Supervisor through month end close process to ensure timely close of the financial statements
- Explains variances in the financial statements and communicates to key stakeholders within the Finance and Accounting team
- Reviews and approves journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists in formulating and ensuring internal controls are followed in compliance with legislation and best practices, and recommends improvements as necessary.
- Assists Controller with management of AP, AR, and Payroll as needed
- Assists in management of the External Audit and Reviews or providing information for Internal Audit testing
- Mentors GL team and prepares annual and semi-annual performance evaluations
- Drives process improvement projects and sits on multi-disciplined teams to ensure new transactions are accounted for through the ERP and captured accurately on the financial statements
Now for a little bit about you….
- CPA required
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with Internal Controls under Sarbanes-Oxley Act related to Public Companies
- Will have at least 7 years plus GL experience and at least 2 years in a management role (as Assistant Controller or similar role)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Experience with SAP accounting software preferred, or another large ERP system
- Big Four experience a plus
- Experience working in a large company (at least $1B revenue), preferably public
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
Who we are & what we stand for:
We set out to build a cooler without compromise -- one that would stand up to all the abuse we could throw at it. Turns out we weren’t alone in our frustration with cheap gear. Ten years and a few more compromise-free products later, and we’re one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry. We are in a rare sweet spot where we get to build and shape this young brand and organization every day, but now have the resources to do really big things.
We are probably bigger (in sales, staff, resources) than you think we are, but still small enough for you to meaningfully help build and shape this growing brand. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, which is one of America’s fastest growing cities for a reason: it’s a pretty great place to live.
Fit with YETI’s Core Values
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI Coolers's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top