Senior Demand Planner
At YETI, you will have the opportunity to create something extraordinary. As a Senior Demand Planner at YETI you will be responsible for developing monthly, product level, demand plans for our Standard Dealer account base. You will have an opportunity to play a significant role in developing the YETI forecasting process by developing new tools, metrics and methodologies that will improve our forecast accuracy. We expect you to arrive with a ton of energy, great ideas and make us better!
A look at your day-to-day
The Senior Demand Planner will be responsible for evolving YETI’s monthly demand forecast by working cross functionally with customers, sales, product development and marketing. You will develop tools, metrics, methodologies and processes aimed at improving the quality of information gathered as well as the quality of reporting generated. You will develop relationships with our territory sales team and work close with the Regional Directors to ensure all opportunities and risks are captured accurately.
- Work directly with the sales team and regional directors to develop detailed forecast by product for each region.
- Provide detailed supporting information for the monthly forecast & highlight changes from previous forecasts and AOP.
- Identify top regional accounts across the country and develop a process to capture and analyze point of sale information.
- Provide 18 month rolling product level demand forecast for input to the demand cycle of the SIOP process.
- Create and maintain formalized forecasting processes and procedures.
- Extract and compile data from multiple sources to make forecasting decisions.
- Create the demand plan by collecting, analyzing and reporting quantifiable market intelligence.
- Monitor accuracy of forecast on a monthly basis and continuously look for ways to improve.
- Gather forecasts for National Accounts and consolidate into one holistic wholesale forecast, work with finance team to load into planning tool.
- Attend sales meetings and quarterly business reviews as needed.
- Have a robust understanding of overall market trends and competition within the retail landscape.
Now for a little bit about you….
You love analyzing data, crunching numbers, working in spreadsheets, and being in an environment that changes frequently. You enjoy gathering information and using it to make presumptions to predict retailer and consumer activity. You have the unique ability to take a large amount of information and boil it down to what’s relevant. You can spot a trend that most humans wouldn’t be able to see. You’re a fact-based and data-driven decision maker!
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in any field
- Minimum 6+ years forecasting / demand planning experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Experience with forecasting software preferred
- Demand planning experience from a consumer brand is preferred
- Highly detail oriented with a strong mathematical aptitude
- Top notch communication, extremely organized, exemplary time management skills
- An Excel super user, expertise in Microsoft Word, expertise in PowerPoint
- Self-starter, able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment with a natural ownership mentality
- Fearless – have courage to drive change
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
Ivy is responsible for bringing on the best talent in the market to help YETI grow, seeking candidates who love the brand and the outdoors—and who can make an immediate impact.
Back to top