The Senior Accountant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, support timely preparations of financials statements through accurate and timely financial reconciliations and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
A look at your day-to-day
Must be able to reconcile on a monthly basis all Balance Sheet accounts to include:
- Cash Accounts
- Fixed Asset Tracking
- Reconciliations to sub-ledgers for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory
- Amortization of Prepaid Advertising
- Accruals for various ongoing liabilities, including Outbound Shipping, Inbound Freight, Sales Commissions, Rebates, Property Tax, etc.
- Employ a sense of urgency to ensure that reconciliations and journal entry adjustments are prepared in support of reporting deadlines.
- Investigate, document and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities to ensure minimization of future recurrence.
- Must be able to effectively research and summarize appropriate GAAP or other Accounting Guidance at the direction of the Controller.
- Financial and sales tax audit support, data collection, and coordination.
- Heavy data mining in Excel, especially using pivot tables and lookup functions.
- Prepare other financial reports and analyses at the direction of the Controller and CFO.
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting team on consolidation of multiple foreign currency transactions
Now for a little bit about you….
- Accounting degree from accredited university
- CPA license is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial reporting. Audit experience a plus.
- Minimum 4 years SAP Systems experience is a must
- WIP/Production accounting experience very helpful.
- Experience developing reconciliation and tracking spreadsheets.
- Exposure to foreign currency consolidations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, especially with regard to developing and updating key financial reconciliations and analysis with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to mine data, solve problems and effectively communicate results.
- Ability to meet monthly and periodic deadlines, working early or late or on the weekend if necessary.
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top