Retail Store Associate - Part Time
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
As the Retail Sales Associate at YETI's Flagship store (in the coolest location in Austin we might add), you will be promoting and supporting a culture that delivers a "Wow" factor level of customer experience through maintaining an extraordinary level of visual excellence, being engaging and responsive, and always going the extra mile for customers and teammates. Helping a customer decide on which YETI product to buy for their fishing, hunting or camping trip is something you do for fun!
To you, talking with other outdoor enthusiasts about YETI products isn't considered work. You are an outgoing natural leader who isn't aren’t afraid to take initiative and run with projects with varying levels of direction. You have a customer first mindset. You thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environments.
A look at your day-to-day
- Report to the General Manager
- Represent the YETI brand by authentically engaging each customer and their individual needs
- Be positive and supportive to all members of the YETI crew
- Exceptionally execute all visual merchandise direction each day
- Become a brand and product expert in everything YETI
- Continuously stay up to speed on YETI brand and product knowledge to better serve customers
- Ensure any store supply or product needs are fulfilled throughout the day
- Staying up to speed on any loss prevention initiatives
- Execute all requirements concerning OSHA to maintain a safe working atmosphere for all Store Associates
- Effectively complete customer transaction using POS system
- Continuously servicing customers in all areas of the store
Now for a little bit about you….
- Minimum of 1 year prior retail experience, preferably with a lifestyle or premium brand
- Experience with various retail operations, such as POS, customer service, and sales
- Prior work experience in a food/beverage venue preferred
- Physical requirements include ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, as well as stand for extended periods of time
- Exceptional interpersonal skills founded on an authentic ability to deliver strong customer service
- Awareness of current technology, trends and best practices in retail and digital marketing
- Experience and fluency in Retail Operations
- Basic fluency in MS Office
- Required to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings, holidays
- Required to expect and accept “blackout” dates
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Ivy is responsible for bringing on the best talent in the market to help YETI grow, seeking candidates who love the brand and the outdoors—and who can make an immediate impact.
Back to top