Online Marketplace Channel Manager
At YETI, you will have the opportunity to create something extraordinary. You will make a real impact because you are the type of person who thrives on cutting a sustainable path.
As the Channel Manager for Online Marketplaces, your role will have full day-to-day responsibility and oversight for the execution and management of a significant and rapidly expanding online sales channel supporting Amazon and other online marketplaces. This position will be accountable for driving sales performance along with impeccable customer service and fulfillment execution. The role will be a part of the YETI Coolers organization with a direct reporting relationship to Optivations (a third-party with specialized expertise building and managing online marketplace business for successful consumer brands).
A look at your day-to-day
- Develop strategies and short and long-term opportunities to build brand awareness and drive sales within marketplaces, both domestically and internationally
- Support the development of AOP targets and operating budgets for marketing and other direct expenses
- Recommend and ultimately execute opportunities to drive sales / profitability (including the expansion of the channel over time)
- Develop and execute new channel programs and promotions (e.g., Prime Day, channel exclusive products and product bundles, etc.)
- Monitor sales and operational KPIs with weekly reporting on channel performance
- Data analysis and feedback / insights on brand, consumer insights and product performance
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans and timelines to ensure a quality experience on large and small-scale projects
- Oversee cross-functional team and key stakeholders to ensure that established project plans are set, approvals are obtained, and programs are completed on-time and on-budget.
- Identify pain points in current processes and work with cross-functional core team (IT, Logistics, Finance, Sales Ops, Customer Service) to streamline flow
- Manage new product launch execution on Amazon
- Refine and maintain analysis on profitability and sales velocity by channel (FBA vs non-FBA)
- Support and project manage the creation of new product listings and management of YETI product catalog on Amazon
- Responsible for in-stock performance of products on Amazon
- Coordinate with YETI forecasting and planning teams to ensure future product needs are incorporated in demand and production planning
- Coordinate with YETI fulfillment team to manage inventory bin and address inventory constraints on a case-by-case basis
- Establish desired safety stock quantities to retain in FBA on key styles (based on sales velocity, order replenishment time, and observed volatility)
- Review FBA inventory levels daily and highlight products that are at risk of running out (as needed, generate in-fill FBA order to address)
- Oversee staff responsible for order entry and customer service support for all Amazon orders
- Primary point-of-contact with distribution team management and oversight for staff responsible to manage on-time shipment of orders (both FBA and drop ship orders)
- Serve as the point-of-contact with the Brand Protection team on communication and collaboration regarding disruptive resellers, MAP violators, and suspected counterfeit sellers
- Help to identify source of supply for select disruptive sellers
- Establish marketing budget and guidelines and accountable for advertising spend to budget
- Align advertising program objectives and tactics with YETI DTC to maximize overall impact and ROI
- Oversee the execution of headline and sponsored product ads on Amazon through Vendor Central and Seller Central
- Manage brand page on Amazon
- Support the accounting reconciliation process between YETI A/R and Optivations
Now for a little bit about you….
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in eCommerce Operations with a few years at leadership level owning the channel sales growth ultimately experienced in "hitting that number".\
- Highly driven, self-motivated candidate with a demonstrated track record of leading organizational change
- Comfortable with a lead role in a fast-pace, dynamic operating environment with multiple stakeholders that span organizations and functional departments
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- Ability to manage time and priorities across a diverse set of responsibilities
- Ability to navigate within an organization to drive change and execution
- Well organized and structured thinker with an ability to complete sophisticated analysis, build models, and oversee the analytical work of others
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly on executive level briefings
- Expert capabilities in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Amazon and its systems / operations is highly preferred, but not required
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top