New Product Industrialization Engineer
A look at your day-to-day
- Review and contribute to DFM review and part design.
- Review mold-flow
- Review tooling design and approved tooling drawings
- Communicate with cross-functional team the progress of tooling fabrication
- Execute on tool trails in supplier and manages the needed actions in order to reach the trials targets
- Setup proper tooling injection process
- Prepare necessary samples to meet test plan
- Review testing result, FAI, CPK, and performance/function testing.
- Fix part appearance issue
- Communicate directly with YETI internal tooling issues and follow up activities
- Work closely with YETI internal and external in supplier to troubleshoot the issues
- Lead efforts to troubleshoot tool delays and coordinate assistance across YETI and suppliers to ensure timeline recovery
- Work directly with designers and team to develop new ideas
- Brings added value to the cross function team if needed.
- Qualify and lock injection process
- Qualify tooling maintenance process
- Qualify components with required appearance and performance.
Now for a little bit about you….
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 6 years of experience in a fast paced injection facility
- Experience and knowledge of various materials
- Experience in 2K, 3K, Overmold, insert mold, in mold welding, Blow molding etc.
- Knowledge of different injection molding machines
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic devices commonly used in automation
- Consumer Product Industry experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills. English and Mandarin
- Able to review and correct part design
- Able to review and approve tooling design
- Skilled in Solidworks etc.
- Skilled in Word, Excel and PPT
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top