Manager, New Product Industrialization Engineering
As Manager, New Product Industrialization (NPI) Engineering you’ll lead a team that is critical to the success of creating and launching new products. In this role, you’ll manage the team that is responsible for all new product industrialization activities at YETI’s supplier partners. The NPI Engineering function works as part of the YETI NPD team and leads the development of processes, equipment, tooling and managing the APQP activities during the development and launch of new products.
A look at your day-to-day
- Guide a team of NPI Engineers who are responsible for working with YETI’s suppliers to lead and compete APQP activities of NPD projects and owning a successful PPAP and launch of the manufacturing process of the new products.
- Establish and implement the NPI function’s standard operating procedures (APQP). Train both internally and externally with suppliers. Examples include: Process Flow Diagrams, Line Layouts, PFMEAs, Work Instructions, Control Plans, Appearance Specifications, Process Capability Studies, and PPAP.
- Develop and implement strategy related to execution of multi-season new product development cadence. Manage resources according to business needs and priorities.
- Drive accountability within the team related to NPI activities by creating discipline and consistency from project-to-project.
- Coach and support staff to ensure individual and team success. Set goals and objectives, create development plans and oversee performance assessment process.
- Collaborate with vendors and supply chain partners to ensure design for manufacturability, production process planning, capacity, execution, tooling and process approval, product validation, and launch into mass production.
- Collaborate with internal partners in Product Management, Industrial Design, Design Engineering, Sourcing & Procurement, Supply Chain, Quality, Finance and other staff.
- Play an active role in problem solving design and/or processing related issues during launch activities.
Provide Manufacturing Engineering support for existing manufacturing operations at suppliers
Now for a little bit about you….
- 10+ years of Product Development and Engineering experience. APQP, Supplier Quality Management, Manufacturing Engineering experience preferred
- B.S. or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Previous management or leadership experience
- Experience working with external manufacturing vendors
- Experience and knowledge of various materials and manufacturing processes, including plastics manufacturing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director of Project Engineering
Justin leads a team of project engineers to act as the key interface between the core Product Development Teams, enabling collaboration and overseeing projects from start to timely completion.
Back to top