At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
You are a highly motivated self-starting design engineer with a proven track record of bringing consumer products to market. You thrive in fast-paced environments with entrepreneurial DNA and are comfortable charting new territory. Your strong organizational skills allow you to stay on top of multiple projects at the same time. Your product design engineering chops allow you to research, create, review, support, and manage. You have a natural curiosity and repeatedly ask the question, “Is there a better way?” You can trouble-shoot and problem-solve every different kind of product, manufacturing, or material challenge thrown your way. In fact, you love solving problems – the bigger the challenge, the more satisfying the resolution.
A look at your day-to-day
The Design Engineer is a core member of the NPD team acting as the bridge from product ideation to production, designing with manufacturing in mind while pushing the envelope of what is possible for the best product performance and user experience.
- Manage multiple projects from ideation to production
- Translate marketing requirements to technical performance requirements
- Establish product architecture including part breakout and material selection
- Create proof of principle prototypes
- Own all aspects of 3D and 2D CAD
- Utilize CAE analysis tools to raise confidence in design
- Establish product manufacturing specifications and critical to quality metrics
- Collaborate closely with Industrial Design team and vendors to balance intent with manufacturability and performance
- Create and lead design validation testing based on DFMEA
- Drive IP clearance and filings
- Technical documentation of key project decisions and design changes
- Regular reporting to cross-functional and leadership teams on key project indicators – schedule, budget, and quality
Now for a little bit about you….
- Minimum 5 years of Design Engineering experience
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Plastics Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Domestic and international travel is required (up to 15%)
- Proficient in 2D, 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience with plastics manufacturing (injection molding a must)
- Experience with multi-component assemblies (mechanisms a plus)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in test plan creation
- End-to-End product development experience
- Experience and knowledge of metal component fabrication
- FEA analysis experience (ANSYS, Moldflow preferred)
- Experience working directly with Marketing and Industrial Design teams
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Competitive PTO program PLUS Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Ivy is responsible for bringing on the best talent in the market to help YETI grow, seeking candidates who love the brand and the outdoors—and who can make an immediate impact.
Back to top