YETI created and leads the premium cooler category by making ridiculously tough (bear-proof) coolers that keep things cold for an absurdly long time, and we’ve now successfully expanded into new markets with 4 new product categories: our Hopper® family of soft coolers; our Rambler® family of vacuum-insulated drinkware; the PangaTM submersible duffle bag; and, the LoadOutTM utility bucket. As we continue to broaden our offerings and market focus, we are looking for someone to support YETI’s growing legal team.
You are driven to become part of a growing, international brand, and you thrive on working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. You are logical, hard-working, flexible, detailed, and concise. You are a natural problem solver that loves communicating with all levels of employees and external partners.
A look at your day-to-day
- Draft, negotiate, and review a wide variety of commercial contracts, including dealer/distributor agreements, supply agreements, logistics agreements (i.e., warehousing, 3PL, and carrier agreements), professional service agreements, consulting agreements, and software license and hosting agreements in support of all commercial functions of YETI.
- Establish commercial procedures, processes, playbooks, and other related materials
- Deciding litigation tactics and details and provisions of document drafts
- Prepare for and participate in the resolution process of disputes (e.g., product liability, governmental investigation, commercial, employment, tax)
- Manage and direct outside counsel through the litigation process
- Provide advice and legal interpretation in areas of expertise
- Identify legal risks in company activities and planning for minimization of those risks while balancing those risks against business opportunities
- Execute responsibilities with a limited legal staff
- Provide legal counseling and advice to the company in a wide variety of matters related to the day-to-day operations
- Identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations, and assure legal compliance
- In-house assistance in understanding and managing all aspects of the business
- In-house supervision of outside counsel for general litigation (other than employment related matters)
- Assist in developing and conducting preventative law programs for company employees
- Evaluate and provide advice on the legal risk associated with business opportunities
- Ensure proper record keeping of important company documents
Now for a little bit about you….
- Juris Doctorate required from an accredited law school required
- Minimum of 3 years of legal experience
- International experience preferred
- Sound foundation in one or a few of the following areas: intellectual property, real estate, litigation, commercial contracts, patents
- Proven experience working in a fast growing, ambiguous environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness to become familiar with new areas of law, to practice as a generalist, and to learn key aspects of the company’s business
- Possess substantive legal knowledge in a wide variety of relevant areas of law applicable to the company’s business, including marketing, advertising, commercial, and corporate transactional matters
- Proven experience negotiating and drafting contracts
- Strong relationship skills with all levels of clients
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Thrives both working independently as well as within a team environment
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
Ivy is responsible for bringing on the best talent in the market to help YETI grow, seeking candidates who love the brand and the outdoors—and who can make an immediate impact.
Back to top