Business Planner - Large Domestic Accounts
A look at your day-to-day
- Collaborate with account and key stakeholders to develop and manage the top-line financial plan for each account
- Weekly deep dive into data to understand trends and opportunities // Targeted buys for each retailer based on door level inventory and analysis
- Utilize historical build rates and ladder models to forecast future sales and inventory needed to support their business
- Develop seasonal topline plans that detail out retail sales, receipts, inventory
- Submit detailed demand plans to the financial demand planner on a monthly basis
- Attend weekly business meetings to review POS and manage changes to monthly sales plan
- Understand the geographical differences within each account // Create unique assortments that meet consumer demands
- Build Quarterly Business Review/Top to Top decks and ensure all relevant data is included from all departments (Sales, Supply, Marketing, Merchandising, Brand Protection)
- Manage new product launch and marketing calendar for each account
- Lead the seasonal recap for each account detailing volumes and productivity // Seasonal Teardowns
- Review a weekly scorecard detailing how accounts are performing against plan
- Review all Open Orders and ensure new products are booked and allocations are in line
- Monitor the field service rep team and ensure they are delivering the needs of each account
- Have a complete understanding of the market and our competition
- Assist in the development of the strategic plan for each account
- Proactively work within YETI departments to plan and anticipate the needs of each account and drive business; Accounting, Marketing, OPS, Logistics, Demand Planning, Fulfillment
- Work with the merchandising team to develop and track the implementation of new initiatives that enhance the consumer experience
Now for a little bit about you….
You have a diverse skill set that allows you to both be comfortable working with large accounts and the ability to dig into data and find opportunities to help drive the business. You are process oriented with incredible attention to detail to ensure that all product launches are a success.
- Bachelor’s degree in any exciting field
- 4+ years’ experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer or Assortment Planning
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Relationship skills – the ability to build and maintain relationships over the phone, email, and in person
- Proficiency in a variety of data processing software, including MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Highly detail oriented with a strong understanding of retail math
- Self-starter, able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment with a natural ownership mentality
- Fearless – have courage to drive change
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- 401K match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 20 days PTO after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of YETI's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
Ivy is responsible for bringing on the best talent in the market to help YETI grow, seeking candidates who love the brand and the outdoors—and who can make an immediate impact.
Back to top