Teacher - Special Education - YES Prep Hoffman (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
JOB TITLE: Teacher – Special Education -YES Prep Hoffman (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
REPORTS TO: Campus School Director/ Director of Special Education
JOB GOAL: The Special Education Teacher works closely with the campus School Director and campus staff to ensure the quality of the special education instructional program on the campus and to act as a resource in the areas of teacher support, federal accountability, and support to students with disabilities. In addition, the Special Education Teacher assists in the training of campus staff in areas of meeting the needs of students with disabilities and special education compliance.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support the district’s Special Education goals, objectives, operational procedure, and serve as a liaison between the home office and campus staff;
- Work with School Director and Special Education Supervisors to develop action plans for constant learning and growth;
- Work with General Education staff to identify areas of academic need for students and appropriate targeted instruction;
- Assist in planning and delivering instructional training modules and staff development workshops to all teachers at the campus and within the district;
- Attend professional development to remain current with federal and state special education guidelines;
- Supervise the implementation of district and state assessments for special education students;
- Identification of students receiving special education services and request/forward records on all special education students;
- Prepare / conduct ARD/IEP meetings according to state and federal guidelines;
- Identify specific individual student needs and work with campus teachers to accommodate, modify or create materials as necessary;
- Plan and deliver engaging, rigorous lessons, according to students’ needs and the provided curriculum, where applicable;
- Chaperone local and out-of-state field lessons, including but not limited to student Spring Trips;
- Conduct morning, lunch, and afternoon duties during assigned times;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools’ mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
You must fall into one of the following categories:
- Standard Texas Special Education Teaching Certification
- Valid Special Education Teaching Certification in another state
Skills and Mindsets:
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
Full-time, 10 month position. Evening and weekend commitments also will be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Meet Some of YES Prep's Employees
High School Dean of Students
Oscar is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the unique culture, discipline goals, and overall vision of the YES Prep Brays Oaks campus.
Back to top