Office 365 Administrator (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
JOB TITLE: Office 365 Administrator (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director – Information Technology
JOB GOAL: The Office 365 Administrator manages all aspects of the Office 365 environment, including availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the portal. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the Office 365 environment. Administrator must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Utilize O365 Admin Center to conduct necessary actions to support, administer, and troubleshoot O365 issues;
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, restore and issue resolution;
- Provide guidance and support to the organization, training, and enablement of our teams to deliver scalable end-to-end O365 resources onboarding and support services (i.e. ensuring smooth, quick, and efficient onboarding experience to Office 365).
- Deliver direct training to new hires and/or provide train-the-trainer support to enable a scalable approach to enabling teams; this might include the collection, creation, and curation of training collateral in various formats;
- Assist in content migration from internal Sharepoint site to Office 365;
- Provide End User support with Office 365 issues;
- Continuously reviews, analyzes, monitors and improves the current Office 365 SharePoint environment;
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to users;
- Know how to use Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), Sharepoint Designer and One Drive for Business;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools’ mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Previous experience creating and managing site creation in a Sharepoint environment with Office 365 or Sharepoint 2013.
- Candidate should have at least one year experience configuring and working with a Sharepoint environment in Office 365 or Sharepoint 2013.
Skills and Mindsets:
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
This is a full-time, exempt position; evening and weekend commitments also will be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES Prep offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Back to top