Manager – Student Support (2017-2018)
JOB TITLE: Manager – Student Support (2017-2018)
REPORTS TO: Managing Director – Student Support
JOB GOAL: The Manager – Student Support ensures YES Prep provides quality programs in student social, emotional, and behavioral support by providing leadership and coaching to campus and Home Office leaders in student discipline, campus culture, and student support services.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide leadership, coaching, and professional learning to campus Deans of Students, and School Directors of smaller campuses in the areas of campus culture, student discipline and positive behavior incentives, grade level chair management, compliance, parent/community relations, and student achievement;
- Serve as a resource to the Deans of Students team in the areas of student discipline, student persistence, and student social and emotional needs;
- Manage and lead the YES Prep Credit Recovery program, a program which allows students to make up credits on the weekend or over the summer;
- Collaborate with Home Office student support team, including individuals providing support in the areas of student support counseling, campus intervention teams, behavioral intervention, and specialized assessment;
- Lead and facilitate improvements in the design and implementation of YES Prep campus culture programs, disciplinary practices, and grade level chair evaluation based on research and student achievement data;
- Assist Home Office and campus leadership in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of school culture programs;
- Ensure that campuses adhere to culture and discipline expectations, as they relate to the process for student persistence, positive school culture, and YES Prep and state compliance;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools’ mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Handbook expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Employee Handbook;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Master’s Degree in education or a related field, preferred
- Minimum of three years previous experience in a campus leadership role
- Extensive experience managing a team and leading extensive projects/initiatives
- Previous experience providing teachers with instructional support and feedback, preferred
Skills and Mindsets:
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
Year-round position; evening and weekend commitments also will be required
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Meet Some of YES Prep's Employees
High School Dean of Students
Oscar is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the unique culture, discipline goals, and overall vision of the YES Prep Brays Oaks campus.
Back to top