Intern - Campus Recruitment Coordinator (Part-Time) – Rice University (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
JOB TITLE: Intern – Campus Recruitment Coordinator (Part-Time) – Rice University (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
REPORTS TO: Director/Manager of Recruitment
JOB GOAL: YES Prep Public Schools is searching for outstanding current college students to help us extend our recruitment and marketing campaign at targeted college campuses. The Campus Recruitment Coordinator (CRC) is a critical member of the Talent Acquisition team and is integral in developing and executing a strategy to increase the number of potential applicants and new hires from selected colleges/universities all across the country. As the local voice and brand ambassador of YES Prep on their college campus, the CRC will work with the Recruitment team to independently execute a comprehensive campus canvassing strategy that will increase awareness of YES Prep, increase application numbers from the campus and lead to higher quality teachers and staff in YES Prep classrooms.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Attend a new hire orientation and recruitment conference to observe and internalize YES Prep staff/student culture and instruction, build recruitment team culture, and work with the Recruitment team to create a dynamic and sophisticated strategic plan for upcoming deadline(s).
- Stay up to date with campus news through websites, student newspapers, student radio and other campus media outlets for the purpose of uncovering major upcoming campus events, career fairs, student leaders who are potential applicants, and active student organizations to target.
- Design and execute a campus-wide canvassing strategy that highlights YES Prep in high traffic areas on campus, through the use of flyers, table cards, or information tables
- Network through personal, academic, student organization, and graduate student networks to source applicants
- Coordinate all logistics for, host, and ensure high student turnout to YES Prep information sessions and/or other YES Prep sponsored events
- Hold one-on-one or small group meetings or dinners with prospective applicants
- Develop and/or deepen relationships with strategic campus influencers (students, faculty, and career center staff) to invest them in the mission and work of YES Prep and utilize them as a source for quality applicants.
- Build and manage relationships with candidates from your campus throughout the recruitment and application process
- Manage a candidate database by logging and maintaining a record of interactions with students on campus in order to have excellent data about potential applicants.
- Participate in bi-weekly team check-ins (conducted either in-person or via conference call) to strategize about upcoming visits to campus and/or campus events, reconnect student leaders and organizations with the Manager of Recruitment, problem solve any relevant issues, and constantly reassess the effectiveness of current marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Self-monitor progress and priorities during “slow” seasons of recruitment.
- Promote YES Prep frequently on your personal Facebook/Twitter account (reposting blog entries from The Answer, and entries on YES Prep’s Facebook page) so that YES Prep is consistently visible to your larger network of classmates, coworkers, professors, and others on your campus.
- Source applicants for replacement CRC for the following school year.
- Identify email listservs through which to send job announcements and maintain postings on university job boards
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools’ mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Enrolled at the targeted college or university during the 2016-2017 school year and in good standing with the institution
- Demonstrated leadership position(s) and significant involvement on college campus
Skills and Mindsets:
- A comprehensive understanding of your college campus
- An exceptional level of skill in event planning and project management
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends if necessary
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
The CRC will partner with the YES Prep Public Schools Talent Acquisition team for the academic school year.
Compensation and Benefits:
Part-time, hourly position (5-7 hrs/wk); this position is not eligible for benefits with YES Prep Public Schools.
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Meet Some of YES Prep's Employees
High School Dean of Students
Oscar is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the unique culture, discipline goals, and overall vision of the YES Prep Brays Oaks campus.
Back to top