Coach, High School Girls Soccer – Fifth Ward(2016-2017 School Year)
JOB TITLE: Coach, High School Girls Soccer – Fifth Ward (2016-2017 School Year)
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
Provide soccer skills to team players for growth, and to compete with other teams at a high skill level.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Organizing practices and games
- Monitoring the academic progress of student athletes throughout the school year
- Include issuing and collecting uniforms
- Providing an orientation of a sound program to all student athlete participants
- Communicating with coaches and athletic director on the progression of the student athletes and the team
- Additional duties as assigned
CAMPUS SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Realize the athlete is a student first; academics have first priority over athletics.
- Be on time to all scheduled athletic events.
- Practice with a plan and purpose.
- Train each student-athlete to become in the best physical condition as possible.
- Put the team first, and the individual second.
- Stay with the team at all times until the last student-athlete has been picked up.
- Communicate openly and honestly with ALL student-athletes and their parents/guardians
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution preferred
- Continued Education in specific sport
- Coached specific sport
Skills and Mindsets
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional
- Belief that every student can and will achieve
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Detail-oriented and self-directed
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
- Practice in outdoor environment
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
Part time, temporary position with a maximum of 15 hours per week; evening and weekend commitments also will be required
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
Back to top