Certified Medical Assistant - Brays Oaks (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
JOB TITLE: Certified Medical Assistant – Brays Oaks (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
REPORTS TO: Manager – Campus Operations / Director – Campus Operations
JOB GOAL: Supports the health and wellness of students and school staff by providing first aid, immunizations, and health screenings. Maintains student health records and reports health data according to federal and state regulations. Works with technical guidance provided by central Manager of Health and Wellness.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain system-wide student medical and immunization records;
- Process state required screenings including vision, hearing, scoliosis, and ANTES screenings;
- Ensure compliance with HIPPA, FERPA, and other national standards to protect the privacy of student health information;
- Implements school health management protocols for students with chronic health issues e.g. seizure, asthma, diabetes;
- Input student health data into student information system;
- Process and adhere to the student’s Individual Health Plans;
- Assist with inventory of medical supplies;
- Maintain sign in sheets, incident reports, and medication logs for students;
- Promote health and community services to students, staff, and families;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools’ mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Medical Assistant Certification valid in the State of Texas, required
- Must have at least 2 years of an exemplary record working as a Certified Medical Assistant in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Mindsets:
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred;
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- Dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty;
- Some light manual labor;
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety;
- Bimonthly travel to Home Office for team meetings.
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
Non-exempt hourly, 11 month position; evening and weekend commitments also will be required
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES Prep offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Back to top