Campus Executive Assistant - YES Prep Northbrook High School - (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
JOB TITLE: Campus Executive Assistant – YES Prep Northbrook High School – (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
REPORTS TO: School Director
JOB GOAL: Assists the Campus Leadership Team by planning and overseeing all administrative functions, support, and projects. This role will support two campuses, including Southwest and East End.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide executive level support to School Director and Administration Team
- Compose correspondence, meeting minutes, inter-office memos, parent communication
- Receive and screen executive-level telephone calls dealing with confidential information
- Manage internal communications with School Director and staff as needed
- Oversee, coordinate, maintain, and/or processes budgetary items and reimbursements
- Maintain school-wide calendar
- Manage calendars using Outlook
- Arrange domestic travel and itineraries
- Support and/or arrange meetings and conferences, including preparing meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and meeting reports
- Serve as the primary user for recruitment software; Coordinate on-campus interview schedules for potential candidates
- Create and maintain confidential staff files
- Oversee and coordinate special projects
- Organize and procure items for special events
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools’ mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- 3+ years of an exemplary record working in a fast-paced office environment, preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish written and spoken)
Skills and Mindsets:
- Highly proficient in administrative functions
- Records maintenance skills
- Ability to work well with all areas of the organization and to represent the School Director and the Administrative Team in a highly professional manner
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
This is a year-round, non-exempt, hourly position; this full-time role; evening and weekend commitments also will be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES Prep offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Meet Some of YES Prep's Employees
High School Dean of Students
Oscar is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the unique culture, discipline goals, and overall vision of the YES Prep Brays Oaks campus.
Back to top