Attendance Clerk - North Forest (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
JOB TITLE: Attendance Clerk – North Forest (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
JOB GOAL: The Attendance Clerk assists the campus by maintaining attendance records and providing general office support. Each morning the Attendance Clerk will work closely with teachers, staff, and YES Prep families to ensure that students attend school, records are accurate, and attendance information is communicated to school leadership in a timely manner. In the afternoon, the Attendance Clerk will manage the reception desk and provide general office support.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Track tardy information and send it to the principals as needed; track students leaving early
- Run attendance reports during homeroom and first period; phone absent students’ guardians in an effort to get students to school quickly and determine 1) why the student is absent, 2) if there is anyone to bring the student to school and 3) inform the guardian of the consequences of the student not attending school regularly.
- Maintain attendance records and generate reports for school leadership including the School Director, Operations Manager, principals and grade level chairs as requested
- Communicate with teachers to ensure attendance is taken accurately and on time
- Create teacher correction forms and make all changes necessary in attendance database
- Create and enter attendance rosters for student trips or alternate schedule days
- Create and distribute compulsory attendance letters warning parents of student absences
- Serve as a liaison between campus personnel and Home Office on all attendance-related issues
- Check and review a variety of data for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to established standards and procedures;
- Warmly greet and assist all incoming visitors
- Maintain and administer the telephone system by answering, processing, and returning all incoming calls in an efficient and rapid manner
- Maintain the physical front office space including reception, storage rooms, and conference rooms
- Coordinate front desk activities such as student office aides and parent volunteers
- Manage office equipment operation and maintenance, inventory control including but not limited to copy, laminating, and postage machines
- Filter and distribute office mail and faxes
- Retrieve students from class
- Track parent volunteer hours and enter as “credit” into student fee database
- Make parent phone calls regarding outstanding student fees, paperwork, school meetings, lottery placement, home visits, teacher/parent meetings, and any other parent contact needs
- Assist Operations Manager, School Director, and Principals as needed
- Act as a first responder for medical and emergency issues on campus
- Implement standards, policies, and procedures for filing, records maintenance, and other clerical services
- Manage daily administrative operations including establishing work priorities, and resolving problems related to day-to-day operations of the office
- Attend teacher/parent meetings and serve as translator
- Maintain office master calendar
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools’ mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Handbook expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Some college coursework (preferred)
- Must have at least 2 years of an exemplary record working in a fast-paced office environment; previous experience in attendance record-keeping and database entry preferred.
Skills and Mindsets:
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred);
- Excellent organizational skills including time management and follow-up;
- Excellent records maintenance skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Strong command of word processing including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems;
- Ability to analyze, develop, establish, and maintain efficient office work flow and administrative processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a variety of constituents including students, parents, teachers, staff, and administrators
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
10-month position; evening and weekend commitments also will be required. This is a non-exempt, hourly position.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Meet Some of YES Prep's Employees
High School Dean of Students
Oscar is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the unique culture, discipline goals, and overall vision of the YES Prep Brays Oaks campus.
Back to top