ACE Site Coordinator - East End (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
JOB TITLE: ACE Site Coordinator – East End (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
REPORTS TO: Campus Operations Manager
JOB GOAL: To oversee the planning, implementation, and management of the After-School Centers on Education (ACE) program at the assigned school. Through ACE, YES Prep will expand before and after-school programming for students and their families at nine schools (Grades 6-12). This is a grant-funded program and position with three years remaining.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan, implement, and manage ACE program activities and services in collaboration with school administration;
- Recruit students and their immediate family members to participate in the program;
- Recruit and on-board internal and external instructors and monitor quality of instruction;
- Assure regular student participation by monitoring attendance and taking steps to ensure student participation objectives are met or exceeded;
- Facilitate communication and create a link between the school and the program;
- Facilitate communication and create a link between the program and community organizations and services;
- Monitor budget expenditures;
- Monitor program to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements;
- Oversee the collection, coordination, and entry of data into YES Prep and TEA databases;
- Organize program supplies, materials, equipment, and transportation;
- Assist the ACE Project Director with progress and evaluation reports and continuation applications;
- Attend all required meetings, conferences, and trainings;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep’s mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year educational institution (required)
Skills and Mindsets:
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year:
- Year-round position
- Evening and weekend commitments will be required
- Five-year, grant-funded position with one and a half years remaining on the grant
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES Prep offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
- The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Meet Some of YES Prep's Employees
High School Dean of Students
Oscar is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the unique culture, discipline goals, and overall vision of the YES Prep Brays Oaks campus.
Back to top