- Flexible / Remote
First, a little bit about you. You are a delightful human being who likes to do good work with good people. You give a damn about users. And even though you hate the phrase “brand moment,” you believe that every moment someone interacts with a brand is a brand moment. You’re also highly skeptical of exclamation points.
Now, a little bit about us. We are a family of writers whose mission is to build a brand voice that people love. We’re looking for a stellar UX Writer to help shape the voice of Yelp, bring it to life in our product, and make more meaningful connections with our customers.
Now back to you. As one of our first (yes, first) UX Writers, you will work side by side with designers to create intuitive flows with attention to even the smallest details of the customer experience. You’ll also regularly meet and share ideas with people who write ads, emails, blogs, brand campaigns, and many other types of words.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly collaborative team, help build an amazing culture, make a huge impact on customers, and pave the way for the future of writing at Yelp.
- Work directly with product designers, product managers, and engineers to find clear solutions to complex problems
- Craft everything from broad content strategy to concise button copy to create an excellent user experience on Yelp
- Build strong relationships and collaborate across departments and teams
- Give and get feedback from users, designers, researchers, product managers, marketers, and other writers
- Iterate and adjust your content (and the content of others) based on feedback
- Foster a culture of written excellence, which includes championing style guides, explaining writing decisions, and sharing best practices with others
- Help us design processes and workflows that produce amazing work
- 8-10 years of professional writing experience, with 3-5 years of in-product writing experience
- You understand how to balance business objectives and user needs
- Experience writing for marketing channels strongly preferred (you are able to identify a value proposition in a line up)
- You have an enormous amount of empathy, with a deep understanding of how words make people feel
- You are comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and are open to feedback, which you receive graciously
- You are thick skinned, not afraid to challenge “normal”—and not afraid in general
- You know that functionality and clarity come first, but are an expert in identifying opportunities to make people smile
- You are curious and data-driven; you actively seek out insights to inform your work
- You believe in progress over perfection and take pride in finishing projects quickly
- You are comfortable presenting your ideas to anyone in a way that they will understand
- You have a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise across all kinds of customer touchpoints
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top