User Operations Associate - Data Management
We are looking for a someone with a sharp eye for detail and a curious, investigative nature to join our User Operations team. This entry-level role will be fulfilled in our downtown San Francisco office, primarily supporting our effort to build the best local business information database out there.
Ready to be our Watson to this Sherlock Holmes team? The Velma on our Scooby Gang?
This role will give you the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in how Yelp represents different businesses. You would be the escalation point for other teams and help them with any challenging cases, answer some of those ‘tricky’ questions and continue to build on your insights to help you identify opportunities for continued product improvement.
Your super-sleuth qualities will be put to the test as you keep your eye out for scams (it looks like a local business, but when you call, is it redirected to out of state?) and you can have a direct impact on maintaining our reputation of great, informative but most importantly, reliable reviews!
What’s in it for you? This is a fantastic opportunity for you to get a wide perspective on how different businesses work, including a site like Yelp! You’ll get exposure to different facets such as day to day operations, quality assurance, project management and execution, and more.
Where You Come In:
- You will administer site data such as listing information and accounts
- You will be part of quality assurance evaluations and programs
- You will work on ongoing and a la carte projects to improve the quality of business information
What It Takes To Succeed:
- You must have a BA/BS degree
- You are tech savvy - you can pick up new software, understand the basics of how web sites and large data systems work, and can think outside the search box
- You have the capacity for nuance - you understand it’s not a black and white world and understand the difference of working with guidelines vs. hard and fast rules
- You have a spidey sense of spam and scams - when asked to trust but verify, you’re calibrated to do both
- You are tenacious - you can get to the bottom of situations and enjoy intellectual challenges
- You are a diplomatic and clear communication style - writing well is a no-brainer for you
- You are a positive, can-do attitude - you’re ready to contribute to a vibrant and diverse culture, whatever the day asks of you
- Multilingual ability a plus. Yelp is available in over thirty countries, and there’s work to be done in all of them
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top