Technical Sourcing Specialist
What You Will Do:
- Identify talent through creative sourcing channels. (e.g. social networking, internet research, cold calling, LinkedIn, boolean search, regular networking at events, etc.)
- Work with recruiters and engineering leaders to thoroughly understand our technical positions and recruiting needs.
- Document processes for future team members, while instructing current team members on latest sourcing techniques, methods, and tools.
- Have expert knowledge of the competitive landscape in the SF Bay Area and abroad.
- Work with other members of the recruiting team to track goals, metrics, and performance of the team.
- Communicate professionally, tactfully, and with the utmost diplomacy at all times, treating all candidates with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Be an advocate for Yelp and why it’s a great place to work.
We Are Looking For:
- At least one year of experience in a technical sourcing role, preferably at start-ups or successful technology companies in Silicon Valley.
- Demonstrated experience executing sourcing techniques.
- Proven success as technical sourcer with a high submittal to onsite ratio.
- High level of comfort around engineer-types and the ability to 'speak geek' with them.
- Extremely comfortable working independently without oversight; self-driven and high level of comfort managing sourcing and research projects.
- Exceptional customer service focus combined with exemplary follow-through.
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced changing work environment while prioritizing multiple functions and managing time efficiently.
- Flexibility to take on special projects as needed.
- Experience using Lever (ideal) or other Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Proficiency with OSX and Google Docs.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top